Join the Q: Kudos to the Quail

1 Conversation

Join the Q logo.

Join the Q: Kudos to the Quail

Quail's EggsQuail's Eggs

I like eggs. It fascinates me how they can be so versatile and different depending on how they are treated, so they give me meringue, soufflé and omelette as well as different textures depending on whether they are boiled, poached, scrambled or fried.

I was very impressed by the giant eggs on the Hoggetts' farm earlier this year. I can only imagine how fresh and tasty the blue and brown eggs are, and the giant egg must almost be a meal in itself!

On a different scale, I also enjoy Quails' Eggs: tiny speckled eggs that are perfect hard boiled in just four minutes. Not all of them are quite so tiny, though - I was lucky to find a rather large specimen alongside the average-sized ones in the tiny eggbox. Kudos to the quail that laid it! It was wedged into its compartment that wasn't quite large enough to accommodate it, but I managed to extricate it without cracking it1 and I gladly took a photo of it for h2g2 before I ate it - delicious!

Join the Q Archive

SashaQ

30.07.18 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1I've done that before... A messy poached quail's egg is not quite so tasty in my opinion...

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87914947

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more