The h2g2 Post 15.07.13

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 15th July 2013

The Colours of the World

Reve du Couleurs, Notre Dame de Reims Cathedral

Last week, I said, '...with half of h2g2 on a plane somewhere, or out barbecuing...' I left out 'in their gardens, nurturing courgettes. MVP set me straight on courgettes, which are, apparently, a gorgeous and desirable vegetable in the UK. I thought they were just old zucchini, which in this country are considered a garden nuisance. We have duelling poems on the subject in this issue, which we hope you will enjoy. Personally, I think it's a language issue: everything sounds sexier in French. Even squash.

Which is why, dear readers, the other half of h2g2 was in la belle France recently. Beatrice was celebrating birthdays at Disneyland Paris. Other Researchers were imbibing culture and champagne in Reims. They have written about this, and I have struggled with the orthography, as usual. You'll love the stories.

You'll also love the reports – two of 'em – from far-famed Glastonbury. Apparently, the Stones attracted the younger set, who were dispatched with photo-taking equipment.See the amazing results.

It's not all sight-seeing and nature this week, though Willem has a tiny antelope that will melt your heart and surprise you with its doings, and Anthea's back with a lovely bloom. benjaminpmoore has some thoughtful advice on how to deal with your neighbour, even if he confuses you. The Prof confuses you, just so you get some practice. Nigel's watching the astronauts' garden – he's hoping for some space courgettes. (Hint, guys: take a female plant up there next time.)

Speaking of gardens, if you haven't done your Create assignment for this month, there's still plenty of time. Get writing/drawing/photographing. They want to hear from you!

Whatever you do this week, remember to beat the heat by taking it slowly. Wear your hats, and bring your water bottles. Enjoy, and may your world be full of colour!.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

WISHING AND HOPING

ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL


 
  • Zebra Duiker.
  • Flower.

HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW?


 
IT'S A PARTY!
  • The LOVE tent.
  • Glastonbury vision.


SEEING THE SIGHTS

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87795337

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more