The h2g2 Post 08.10.12

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 8th October 2012

The Journey Is Our Home

Vostok blasting off h2g2 is always taking off somewhere: outer space, inner space, around the world. We're travellers, I think you've sussed that. Whether we're hitchhiking to the stars, or just cycling to the shops, we're always noticing things, and thinking about what we notice, and then sitting down to our keyboards to tell you about it.

What's in the Post this week? More of the same – which means, Stuff you haven't seen before. Stuff you might not have thought about. Stuff you might have an opinion on. (That's why there's room on every page for comments.)

Willem shows us a beautiful eagle and a mysterious and wonderful tree. That tree's so big, it takes up two entries. jwf's thinking trees, too, but his Barq is worse than his bite. (I couldn't resist.) Deke's kayak boldly goes, and the Prof's imagination knows no bounds, though we're still graphics-impaired. Ahem. Awix finds that time itself is no barrier to a good action flick, while Rod simply reaches into his cupboard and finds a conundrum. Lots of cunundra here: who was buried in Dr Crippen's cellar? What confuses kangaroos? Why does St Patrick's Cathedral surprise visitors? How do we deal with child abuse victims?

See? Everybody's thinking. So get on your bike, or start your spaceship engines. You do some thinking, too.

And if your thinking leads you to Halloween, remember: the Post is still accepting entries for the glorious Evil Issue at the end of the month.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

IT'S ALL BEEN DONE BEFORE

I TALK TO THE TREES


 

BEYOND THE BLUE HORIZON


 

 
IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND, LOVE

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87766960

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more