The h2g2 Post 20.09.10

1 Conversation



Posted: 20th September 2010


 

 

Fehdehandschuh

The above is German and means gauntlet. And that's what I want to mention first: a couple of weeks ago, we (or better: Dmitri) challenged you to save the world in writing. Several readers picked up the gauntlet, and we are led to believe there is more to come. Read all the ideas in the gauntlet section below.

It was a very busy week in the Post office, and that wasn't only due to the challenge. There were pictures to be prepared for blobbing, lots of articles to edit, and emails to be sent to the eds because if we have a lot of work, it means they have, too. They even had more to do than we did, because there was a new Post badge to be applied: MazinMadFiddler has written more than five articles (I know, but it is hard to keep track). Congratulations to him!

And another thing: we've asked before, but I need to repeat it: please, include your user number in your submission. It doesn't make a difference whether you are a regular contributor or new to the Post, we don't know your number by heart in any case. If you put it at the top or bottom of your email, or even add it to the subject line, it will make our lives a little easier if we don't have to go and search for it. Thank you.

++STOP PRESS++Sad News++STOP PRESS++Sad News ++STOP PRESS++Sad News++STOP PRESS++Sad News++STOP PRESS++Sad News++STOP PRESS++Sad News ++STOP PRESS++Sad News++STOP PRESS++Sad News++STOP PRESS++Sad News++STOP PRESS++Sad News ++STOP PRESS++Sad News++STOP PRESS++Sad News++STOP PRESS++

It has just been brought to our attention that Zendevil, aka Terri and Yoda, died last night. At this time there are no details other than that she died in her sleep. Terri was a friend. I met her at the German Meet in April this year. She was a former Post columnist and wrote the The Hootoo Home of Today series. Our condolences go to her partner Peter. She will be sorely missed. May she rest in peace.
smiley - rosesmiley - peacedovesmiley - rose


Bel


 

 
PICKING UP THE GAUNTLET

 

 



 

 
DEFENDING THE HOME TURF

 

 

 

 
PACKING THE ODD SUITCASE

 

 



 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A72566346

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more