The Great h2g2 Luck Experiment

1 Conversation

A pint of beer, playing cards and a pair of dice

Do you believe in Luck?

Is there such thing as a naturally lucky or unlucky person?

Does luck really exist?

Everyone will have different answers for these questions because we all remember times in our lives when we have been lucky and unlucky. Statistitions say that all events happen randomly due to predetermined probabilities, but then superstition is more widely followed now than it ever has been. If we found out that there was such a thing as luck it would change the way we look at the events of our lives altogether and so it's about time we discovered the answers once and for all. This is where you come in.

I am running the worlds largest ever experiment in luck. As you may guess, it's called 'The Great h2g2 Luck Experiment'. The experiment has been designed to be as user friendly as possible. All you (the friendly researcher) has to do is fill in:

  1. Your nickname.
  2. Whether you think you are feeling lucky or unlucky.
  3. Whether you think a coin will land heads or tails.

All in all it shouldn't take more than 90 seconds to read the instructions and fill in the three boxes. Obviously we want to give you something in return so, in exchange, you will get a link to your personal space, a record of how many times you got it right1 and (best of all) the chance to have your name (and link) in big coloured letters if you are in the top five people for guessing right/wrong consecutively in our Hall Of Fame. I hope you agree that you get a lot back for your minute and a half.

That's it. This is your chance to take part in an international experiment and help discover whether luck does or doesn't exist. Please, give it a go!! If you can't be bothered going to the The Great h2g2 Luck Experiment page to see all of the beautiful people who have already taken part, then you can use the box at the bottom of this page to submit your results. Please, give it a go.


Hi, my nickname's ....... and I think I'm lucky*/unlucky*. I also think todays coin will land heads*/tails*. (* delete one and don't forget to put your name in!!)


Truck Driver in Darlington


02.08.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page

1 This is updated everytime you guess.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A603361

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more