1-2-1 With The Post

1 Conversation

It has been awhile since I've sat myself down at the keyboard and attempted to bang out Shakespeare but here goes... we are proudly celebrating the 1st Birthday of our beloved Post and I thought that it might be fun to sit back and see where it all began.

It all started one day with a man, a dream and the imagination to see it through. That man was our very own Vegiman. In the beginning he was attempting to encourage the Critique idea, which was formulated by the great h2g2 innovator Zachsmind. At the time no one was really interested in joining a group of critique/proof readers, so Vegiman put his thinking cap on and came up with the idea of a newspaper, which could encompass the critique idea.

Once Vegiman started the ball rolling two other well-known researchers jumped aboard and put their backs into evolving the Post into what it is today. One of those researchers was Pastey.

In the beginning he took on the great burden of finding, setting up and maintaining a separate website which would hold the Post articles to be used back on the h2g2 site. He worked quite hard to make sure that things ran smoothly and the kinks were regularly ironed out. At the time he was not working so he was able to spend a great deal of time dealing with the running of the Post. After a while, though, he had to begin thinking about his wedding plans and then his new job so slowly the torch was handed over to Shazz who is now handling the majority of the running of the Post1.

The Post has come a long way from its humble beginnings and Shazz's hard work and determination ensures that it remains intact and of a quality that makes it a welcome weekly read. It is, as Vegi/Pastey/Shazz will quickly agree, a thankless job but one that is well worth it in the end when they come back to it week after week to see responses to the articles and such which were placed in the Post... to see the responses and that the researchers are truly enjoying the labour they have put into it week after week.

Along with these three 'shining stars' there are many other researchers who deserve a pat on the back for their hard work week after week. Who among us doesn't read Wowbagger's fantastic cartoons each week? I for one look forward to returning home from work on Monday evenings to take a peek at the newest creation from such a talented man. Greebo, she is fantastic at finding tidbits of great stuff that make us smile and laugh, sometimes even causes us thought. John the Gardener... need I say more? I could go on and on with the wonderful researchers who give freely of their time each week for the Post but I am sure you all get my point.

Without these, and many more wonderful researchers, the Post would be nothing more than a blank canvas longing for an artist. This week we celebrate the 1st birthday of the Post and what a ride it has had up to this point. I look forward to seeing just what is in store for the Post for years to come... the changes, the growth, the knowledge from our devoted researchers. Bravo to you all and thank-you for all you have done and continue to do each and every week.


Monsy


04.12.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Pastey is still doing an awful lot of work though!... ed.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A484751

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more