h2g2 Post 01.04.04

2 Conversations


Posted: 1st April 2004

Editorial

Here we are in Spring

It has certainly felt more spring-like this week. The wind has dropped, the rain stopped and the sun shone. The trees are finally budding and the flowering cherry outside my window is trying very hard to burst into a dazzling display of white and pink flowers. What better way to start a day such as this then take a gentle stroll through the pages of your favourite newspaper, the Post?

Sadly, however, we have to bid a fond farewell to Jimmy and the Underneath the Surface series. If we are lucky the series may return at a later date but I don't think that Jimmy will!

STOP PRESS!!!

OK! We hold our hands up! What are the references to difficulties with the
'Association of Publishers and Related Internet Literature'

and the investigation by the
'Federation of Official Online Licensing'?

If you look at the acronyms carefully, you will soon know.

Well, we didn't leave you totally bereft with this spoof. If you had looked at the referenced entries in each article you would have discovered the 'real' Front Page (As a couple of people did!). So, if you would like to read the 'real' edition you can access it at A690725

Finally, apologies to our wonderful writers who had no idea we were doing this and have been somewhat confused during the last few hours!

ShazzPRME


 
CARTOONS
 
 
REGULARS
 
 
FEATURES
 
 
FICTION
 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A2273924

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more