A Conversation for Countryside Etiquette

Peasants

Post 1

PaulBateman

It is quite a tradition to shoot peasants when one is in the country. Usually this is a form of practise for other forms of game and hunting.


Peasants

Post 2

Silunaka

In Scotland its more of a tradition to run them over, not out of meanness but because they are bred to be shot and there must be two hundred pheasants to each hundred yards, and my god are they stupid. Obviously noone wants to run over an animal but these little buggers just dont move, they sit in the middle of the road and you can stop your car, honk your horn and shout at them, they are just too stupit to get out of the way, no survival instinct at all. And it gets worse, The pheasants have been hand reared because the rich people who pay to shoot them usually arent a very good shot. They pay people to stand 10 meters in front of them and actually throw a docile pheasent into the air to be shot...or not depending on the persons aim. The whole affair is particularly stupid and the shame of it all is that pheasants, when you take a good look at them, are beautiful birds. The cock bird plumage is so rich your eyes could get lost looking at them.


Peasants

Post 3

PaulBateman

But what about peasants as well as pheasants? smiley - winkeye


Peasants

Post 4

Silunaka

You'de probably be done for murder if you started shooting peasants! maybe you should start with a gypsie or two first.
sil smiley - smiley


Peasants

Post 5

PaulBateman

Tony Martin was made a hero! smiley - erm


Peasants

Post 6

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

Much easier shooting peasants, there are easier to find and you don't get all the animal rights and RSPB activists swarming around.


Peasants

Post 7

Silunaka

Whos Tony Martin??? did he shoot peasants or pheasants?


Peasants

Post 8

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

Peasants

Basically he - mad man lives alone, made fun off, driven to breaking point

2 kids (16-17) break in

Tony Martin shoots them, kills one, injures other

Tony Martin put in jail

Middle England - (or toffs who read the Daily Mail) scream about Englishman's home is his castle , ....

(Technically his home is so run down it could pass as a 15th cent castle in disrepair!)

Tony Martin is now getting loads of money from Newspapers and films for his side of the I shoot two people and let them bleed story. Even you newspapers should not give money to convicted criminals for their stories. Just like Lousie "Do the shake and smack and put the baby back" Woodward, the sun gave her loads of cash because "she was inncocent in the eyes of the British public", shame in the 12 eyes of the American jury she was guilty though ...


Peasants

Post 9

Silunaka

OH yeah, i heard about that. hes a bit smiley - weird if you ask me and now hes getting a small fortune. I hope someone breaks into my house and then ill never have to work again! did you hear about the chap who broke his leg while trying to break into someones house? Hes actually sueing the owner for having an unsafe roof!!smiley - erm


Peasants

Post 10

Researcher 237308

Why do any of you dare to conceive of shooting anything, who has given you fellow creatures of the world the right to take away anyone or anything elses life? Then again, arrogance and facism in the humanbeing is the downfall of every nasty part of your rotten society, yeah I know about killing humans, but it only took me into insanity, good luck with your meaningless tripe, nice one!


Peasants

Post 11

Researcher 237308

Why do any of you dare to conceive of shooting anything, who has given you fellow creatures of the world the right to take away anyone or anything elses life? Then again, arrogance and fascism in the humanbeing is the downfall of every nasty part of your rotten society, yeah I know about killing humans, but it only took me into insanity, good luck with your meaningless tripe, nice one!


Peasants

Post 12

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

Virtual shootings don't harm anybody in meatspace, peasant, pheasant or nobleman.

However shooting ones mouth off ...


Peasants

Post 13

Silunaka

...can get you into mischief. and how do you know about killing people researcher??? that sounds a lot more dodgy than any virtual hobbies!
ps. we're omnivores which means we eat both veg and meat, and every time you take a walk in a park youre killing animals.
pps. i think the human race is a remarkable species.

sil


Key: Complain about this post