A Conversation for Games Room

Anyone for Nonsense? Add two lines and help write the longest nonsense ballad ever

Post 41

Syren

"I saw your beady little eyes
Upon that beetle pie!"

Anyone for Nonsense? Add two lines and help write the longest nonsense ballad ever

Post 42

Cheerful Dragon

"It is no sin to want to eat!"
Cried Robin, in a rage.

Post 43

Syren

"Of course it's not, but this pie's owned
By a great, wise, old sage"

Post 44

SerjTankian... Freelance Assassin for higher... (not hire)

"The Sage is old and the Sage is wise, but alas I have eaten the pie"...

(yum)

Serjsmiley - devil

Post 45

Cheerful Dragon

"That was your sin," young Colin said,
"For now the Sage may die!"

Post 46

"For I am a sinful devil I will not bear the burden of the Sages death... as my hunger was thus ended by the eating of the pie so that I shall live..."

(I know that was a little long... boohoo, lol...)

Serjsmiley - devil

Post 47

chaiwallah

Editorial note: Please try to remember that this is a ballad, Serj. You are requested to add two lines, which fit into the ballad rhythm, and the rhyme scheme. i.e. first and third lines eight syllables ( or four stressed beats ) second and fourth lines six syllables ( or three stressed beats ) OK? The second and fourth lines of each verse must rhyme. Within those modest constraints, anything goes.

Post 48

chaiwallah

He was so old, his beard of gold
All withered was, and dry."

Post 49

Vip

He looked to Colin, so 'tis said,
And calmly supped his tea,

Post 50

chaiwallah

The robin hopped across and said
"'Ere, save a drop for me!"

Post 51

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

clever smiley - ok

Post 52

Cheerful Dragon

"You must replace the pie you ate,
Or else no tea you'll get"

Post 53

Teasswill

Just then, a weathered face appeared
And said, 'Hail all, well met!'

Post 54

Cheerful Dragon

"It is *not* well!" poor Robin cried.
"They'll let me have no tea!"

Post 55

Lady in a tree

The stranger cried "Fear not small bird,
keep quiet, follow me..."

Post 56

Syren

Where the stranger led, robin flew
And then before his eyes...

Post 57

The stranger saw a passer by, and sipped upon his tea

Post 58

Vip

The passer by was quite a sight,
All green and grey and blue,

Post 59

Cheerful Dragon

And pink and purple, brown and gold
All shades of every hue.

Post 60

chaiwallah

With twenty legs, a spikey nose
and three big swivelling eyes

Key: Complain about this post