A Conversation for Ask h2g2

h2g2 mean

Post 1

Mark Occomore

What does this mean?

h2g2 mean

Post 2

Elentari

I'm sorry, I don't follow. Do you mean the term 'h2g2'?

h2g2 mean

Post 3

Mark Occomore

Yes, cheers smiley - winkeye

h2g2 mean

Post 4

Elentari

It's short for Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2 h's, 2 g's, you see) because the site was set up as an earth version of the Guide. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the book, let me find you a relevant link to explain what we do here.

h2g2 mean

Post 5

Elentari

Here you go. A550955

Hope this helps, welcome to h2g2!

Thread Moved

Post 6

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Thanks for Registering with h2g2 - Welcome!' to 'Ask the h2g2 Community'.

Thread Moved

Post 7

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

Do you know I didn't know what h2g2 meant either, well you learn something new every day!

Thread Moved

Post 8

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

This is quite a useful page - 'h2g2 in a nutshell' - A8468742smiley - spacesmiley - whistle

Emmily
smiley - cracker

Thread Moved

Post 9

aka Bel - A87832164

Em, I just noticed the smiley - cracker instead of the smiley - bluebutterfly - are you going with the season?

Thread Moved

Post 10

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Yep, the smiley - bluebutterfly will be back after smiley - santa has been (or not in my case) Have you visited Santa's Fun Grotto - A3228626 Bel smiley - smiley

(Hmmm, anymore of my pages I can plug while I'm here smiley - whistle)

Emmily
smiley - cracker

Thread Moved

Post 11

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - wow Beautiful page, EM - wish I had the time to explore it. smiley - sadface

Thread Moved

Post 12

Tis quite a lot to read there, you really need have a smiley - redwine, smiley - stiffdrink, smiley - ale or smiley - cider and a packet of smiley - crisps and time to relax, smiley - laugh and smiley - groansmiley - smiley

Emmily
smiley - cracker

Key: Complain about this post