A Conversation for Ask h2g2

How much gas does it take for me to start floating?

Post 21

Matt as a Hadder (The former MattP, just trying to be more creative.)

On the balloon front, perhaps it would be more convienient to use a lot of smaller balloons rather than one big one. Here in the States, we had a guy fill about 40 weather baloons, connect them to a lawn chair, and get in trouble with the FAA. I am sure they might even call the EPA in on someone with that much Methane in one place, or more likely the Homeland Security people. "Level Red, we have a large stockpile of an explosive and stinky gas moving toward Dallas."

MattP

Post 22

Matt as a Hadder (The former MattP, just trying to be more creative.)

Oops, I meant to mention he used Helium, a less dense and less explosive gas compared to Methane.

BTW,

Zepplin designed the Hindenburg and her cousins to use Helium, but since the United States had the monopoly on that gass it was sort of difficult for Nazi Germany to get thier hands on enough of it. But anyone can make Hydrogen with some water and a couple of electrodes, so Voom.

Matt

Post 23

BiggestNizzy

They raced a poo powerd car on the BBC Top gear show Human poo generated more power than cow Poo.

Post 24

Joe Fish

smiley - book

Thanks folks,
just read the backlog (mayby shouldn't use that word on this thread!)
haven't laughed so much for ages. Glad to see that education isn't being wasted!!!smiley - rofl

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more