A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Pancake Day

Post 1

Last year about this time, somewhere in the larger hootoo universe, I learned about the idea of eating pancakes on Mardi Gras. And while I can't find the thread, I did get up early enough this morning to whip up some pancakes.

Happy Mardi Gras!

smiley - smiley
HN

Pancake Day

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - envy We took the descision that whilst we had lemons and sugar, we didn't have any of the other necessary ingrediants; But we did have gin, so cocktails seemed an easier option.... not very traditional I know smiley - snorksmiley - stiffdrink

Pancake Day

Post 3

Lemon, sugar, gin... sounds like Mardi Gras to me.smiley - biggrin

We had our pancakes with walnuts and maple syrup. smiley - smiley So I take it, maple syrup is not the traditional topping?

Pancake Day

Post 4

A Super Furry Animal

I went to the local pub on Tuesday evening, as that's their quiz night. Our team have high hopes of winning the quiz one day (we've achieved it once before).

This week, one of the rounds was pancake tossing. Not strictly a traditional quiz event, but the quizmaster went from table to table with a frying pan and pancake, and one member of the team had to flip it as many times as possible in 30 seconds. I was nominated from our team, and managed the truly pathetic total of 11 flips (if the pancake didn't turn over in mid-air it wasn't counted).

So now, it's official: I *AM* a useless tosser.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Pancake Day

Post 5

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

At least I didn't have to say it... smiley - winkeye

What was the score for the winning tosser?

Pancake Day

Post 6

A Super Furry Animal

Someone did 27 tosses in 30 seconds.

They won the quiz...but they were only 7 points ahead of us overall. So we would have won comfortably, if not for the useless tosser on our team.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Pancake Day

Post 7

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

Pah! You need to practice, man! You cant get ahead only tossing once a year!

Pancake Day

Post 8

A Super Furry Animal

Clearly. I'll work on it.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Pancake Day

Post 9

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

27 tosses in half a minute - that's some pretty frenetic tossing!

Pancake Day

Post 10

A Super Furry Animal

Yeah. What a tosser.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Pancake Day

Post 11

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

He must have been flicking his pan-handle night and day for years.

Pancake Day

Post 12

smiley - laugh
You must have faced off against a chef or maybe a fry cook. Bad luck.

Practice when no one is looking, and start with easy to clean up things, as you might end up with a few of them on the floor. Hold the pan at a bit of a downward angle.

We're betting on you next year!

smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post