A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Are truck drivers treated like low class in the UK.?

Post 41

brecon

Wasn't diesel the nasty's taken off of gas. Many years ago, I understand, they couldn't give diesel away. Is this a true fact?

brecon

Post 42

richtarzan

They dont go because they are the voting block,and you dont piss off your voting block,if you want to get elected.Do you use the In,turnpike?If so what do you think about its going to be run by another country?for those of you wondering,the state of Indiana,will be selling control of a US. highway to a foreign country,for 75 years,to pay off some of their debts.smiley - wah

Post 43

brecon

Sorry I took so long to respond Richtarzan. Yes the OH does use the Ind. toll road and it is suppose to be leased to Autstralia and Spain and the Skyway Bridge is suppose to be leased to Russia for 99 years. I just talked to the OH and he said that someone is trying to fight all of this. Who knows what will happen, but if these countries don't make a go of it Ind. will make out like a fat rat.
Where abouts are you located?

brecon

Post 44

richtarzan

Today im in williams iowa.Im on my way to St.paul Mn.,for in the morning.Im a full time driver,so I get online whenever i can.smiley - magic

Post 45

brecon

My HO is a full time driver also. He runs from our home town to Chicago as I said before three times one week and twice the next week. He did have a steady run from Altoona to Decater Alabama for several years, but they lost the run to another company. He hauled copper coils. Now he hauls steel for the same company. It's tough out there especially when you're OTR. People think all you do all day is drive. I think these people should drive for one week and see how they like it. I wish my HO was local,but where am I going with this. Up at 4A and not home until 9P that's no life either. I use to go with him once in awhile especially when he went to Alabama, Tennessee and Texas but I can't go any more because I take care of his mother. She's 81 and has Parkinson's and his dad passed away last June. I sure do miss going.

Well you have a safe one out there be as careful as you can and watch out for the four wheelers.smiley - shark

brecon

Post 46

richtarzan

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES!!Im in Wyoming today,will load in Iowa tommorow.Its been super cold here in the states.Gas prices have gone down to below $2.oo in most places.But fuel is still $2.30 and above for now.smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more