A Conversation for Creative Living Spirit

Peer Review: A835436 - Creative Living Spirit

Post 1

U195780

Entry: Creative Living Spirit - A835436
Author: A.R.Shams - U195780

Optimistic Approach is the NEED for Lively Living on this wonderful Planet.

Isn't it so?

A.R.Shams
author of the "Creative Living Spirit"
series of moral messages...

A835436 - Creative Living Spirit

Post 2

Spiff

ok, being generous, this could not go into the EG as it stands for several reasons:

the title isn't really indicative of the content;

it is an opinion piece with quite a bit of 1st person (and indeed personal details);

it is not really 'factual and informative';

it is not written in standard English.

smiley - smiley

for all these reasons and more, i think you ought to remove it from PR at your earliest opportunity. smiley - smiley

cya
spiff

Post 3

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

"it is not written in standard English." isn't really a strong criterion (everybody's glad to help if it's not your native language) but otherwise, I fully agree.

A.R., I thought you were familiar with the guidelines from your previous submissions? smiley - erm

Post 4

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

smiley - ermWhat was it that the bowl of petunias thought?

Too tired to think any more.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Post 5

Stuart

Generally, What you eat has little adverese effect on your mind and body. As my dear old Mother used to say, “A little bit of what you fancy does you good”. It over indulgence that does the damage - and that applies to almost everything and anything.

Stuart

Post 6

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

Hello Mr. Shams,
I don't really see that there is anything else that can be said about this entry apart from the fact that it is not suitable for the EG as it stands. My fellow Scouts have already outlined their objections and I'm sure it would be better if you withdrew this entry from PR for now, until you have made it ready the EG.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think we've all been through this cycle with you several times already. Obviously we are failing to communicate some basic requirements that an entry must fulfil before it can be accepted. I would, on behalf of my colleagues, strongly enjoin you to read A317521 before you decide to submit any more articles to PR. This is as much for *your* benefit as ours, as it will save you and us time and effort in future.

A good place to start for people willing to contribute but who lack either the writing skill or the confidence to do so, is the Writing Workshop. There is a link to this and other relevant pages at http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/Writing-Beginners.

Here's wishing you luck with your future endeavours,

FM

Post 7

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Well said, FM. smiley - smiley

AR Shams, please listen to what we say. We are trying to be helpful.

Have you tried submitting anything to Ask h2g2? That might be more fruitful.

Post 8

Dr Hell

ditto.

Dear AR Shams,

I don't want to sound unpolite too, but I thought you understood the basics of PR (Peer Review) from other posts.

The message you are trying to get across is in the wrong forum. There are better vehicles for your Article.

HELL

Post 9

Mina

Hi A R Shams,

It's really nice to be able to read your messages in the general Guide, but they are not suited to the Edited Guide. Because of this, it would be a good idea to remove this from Peer Review, which is for entries bound for the Edited Guide *only*.

You would probably get a better reception for your entries in the Writing-Alternative review forum. This would enable you to gain an audience for your messages and thoughts, while still maintaining their popularity.

Can I ask you to please remove this from Peer Review. If you intend to rewrite your work so that it is suitable for the Edited Guide, Writing-Workshop is the best place for it while you are working on it - as has been mentioned before.

Please make sure that you read and understand the Writing-Guidelines, and can work within them before you submit any more entries to Peer Review.

Thanks.

Post 10

I think that Mr. (Ms.?) Shams has gone away for now. In his (her?) absence, I'd suggest that this thread gets moved back to the entry.

Any seconders?

FM

Post 11

PQ

Mr Sham's would appear to have moved on to the one life forum http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?state=threads&board=essentials.current&&sort=T

A similar posting titled "Creative Living Spirit" was posted to all of the message boards a few weeks back and removed for spamming.

Post 12

There's not really a great deal of point in us re-iterating our advice if no-one is there to hear it. smiley - sadface
So, A.R. Shams, please let us know if you have read our postings. Then at least we'll know not to repeat ourselves. smiley - smiley

FM

Post 13

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Seconded!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more