The h2g2 Tour - Contributing to the Guide

9 Conversations

Introduction | Reading | Talking | Contributing | Registering | Personal Space | Find Out More

The h2g2 Guide is unique - it's written by the very people who use the Guide, people like you. If you've written something but don't know how to get it published, or you'd like to learn how to write but don't know where to start, then h2g2 is the place to learn all about creative writing, literary criticism and new media publishing.

You can talk to helpful experts, exchange experiences with others who also want to learn how to write, and all this in an incredibly friendly environment where the emphasis is on helping each other to grow as writers, researchers and critics.

There's a whole page dedicated to Learning to Write on h2g2, but here are a few places where you can find out how to add your unconventional wisdom to the Guide:

  • Talking Point: Every week, there's a new Talking Point on the Front Page - these are topics designed to get conversations flowing within the h2g2 community.

  • Peer Review: When Researchers want to have their Guide Entries considered for the Edited Guide, they can put them up for Peer Review. It's a really friendly place to talk about what Researchers have been working on.

  • Writing Workshops: One of h2g2's greatest aspects is that it's a brilliant place to learn how to write. The Collaborative Writing Workshop and the Writing Workshop are just two places where you can do everything from learning the basics of creative writing, all the way to swapping writing tips with experts.

To add Guide Entries to h2g2, you must be registered as a Researcher (though everyone can read Guide Entries), which you can read about next.

Click here for the next part of the tour...


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A317521

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more