This is the Message Centre for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

placement 2 and exams...

Post 1

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

so placement 2 is coming up and I am going to be a community nurse for a few weeks (10...) with the Mental health and Learning disability team smiley - magic
actually I am a little bit worried but I'm going to visit them next week and ask lots of questions...

I've got an assignment on friday (group assignment) but one member of the group has chosen to go on holiday... now technically they get back on Thursday so it should be ok... Technically.

There is an essay due at some point... I should really check on that... I've started it and I have a feeling its not due for a few more weeks... smiley - erm

The Numaracy exam is in about two weeks I think... the 29th... Nursing clinical level 1 maths...
some example questions are:

Bendrofluazide 7.5mg for management of odema. In stock is 5mg tablets available. How many tablets are required?

and

A client is prescribed 225mg of Flupentixol Deconate as a depot intramuscular injection.
The available preparation is Flupentixol Deconate 100mg/mL.
How many mL should you administer?

So I think I'll do fine...

my main consern is the written exam where we have to write about known genetic conditions that cause a learning disability and the mental capacity act and deprivation of liberty safeguards and that sort of thing... smiley - erm I'm sure I should know all about them by now smiley - wah

Oh and you may or may not have noticed I've started drawing ducks again... I feel so out of practice...
smiley - doctor Anthea

placement 2 and exams...

Post 2

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - hugyou have friends on here, that are mighty proud of yousmiley - smileyME 1

placement 2 and exams...

Post 3

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - smiley in answer to the first question..... 2 very large tablets

smiley - winkeye

placement 2 and exams...

Post 4

Peanut

Hello Anthea

How's it going?

Hope you got the big assignment out the way and have settled into your placement

Love Duck Tales, you don't look out of practice

good wishes to you, and your family smiley - magic

the smiley - choc is just for you though smiley - winkeye

smiley - hug

placement 2 and exams...

Post 5

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Hi Peanut

the course is going alright
we had one member of a group project who thought it a better idea to go on holiday than to turn up at the final presentation or provide us with any work for it so we informed the head of course because that sort of thing is just not on...

Duck tails is fun to draw again but I do feel very out of practice I'm not sure I will remember to draw it every week... sometimes I draw more than one week at a time and send them in at the same time... the post people are very nice

mmm smiley - choc nom nom nom smiley - biggrin

smiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more