This is the Message Centre for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Shoes, Exams, meetups

Post 1

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

I have just bought a new pair of shoes,
I didn't realise how hard it would be...
none of the styles i liked were in my size and I eventually settled for a clarks pair that is almost nothing like the pair i wanted because it was the only pair in my size that didn't look like my grandmother would pick them or wouldn't break my neck with ridiculously high heels

the problem (mostly) is that I'm quite fussy I wanted some semi-formal court shoes mid heal black leather with a strap across the front...
(are you all asleep yet?) and a pair of knee high black leather boots without a fur lining but you cant get boots in the summer apparently even though the climate in England isn't exactly tropical all the shops seem to have is sandals and I don't like to have bare toes... anyway

I walked out of the shop with a pair of shoes with wedge heals a little higher perhaps than i wanted in shiny patient black which i really didn't want because i imagine they will scuff easily and will need replacing by September... but they didn't have normal leather anything because I'm a size 9 and that makes it freakishly difficult to buy shoes that dont look like they were designed for a stripper or a man who likes heels... *sigh*

I am thinking about going to a new bujinkan group tonight I haven't been for a while and feel unfit so i really need to get back into it

first exam is on Monday - sociology
then we are in London Tuesday night into Wednesday
revision on Thursday
second exam (and last) Friday - human physiology

then the Manchester meetup (that is next weekend isn't it?)

hopefully I will be able to walk in stupid new shoes because my old ones have generally fallen apart (the strap wont stay closed and the 'leather' is peeling

otherwise I shall be counting on you all to entertain me as i sit in the bar nursing a lemonade
I trust all who are coming will be entertaining smiley - winkeye

smiley - doctor Anthea

Shoes, Exams, meetups

Post 2

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

I also have problems with finding shoes, I should get a 2nd pair of sandals at the moment because if I only have one pair I ruin them to fast. All I ask for is something 'normal', without flowers, without glitter, not colored gold or silver. Oh, and no high heels. It's surprising how difficult something like that is to get. smiley - cross

Good luck with the exams!smiley - hug

Shoes, Exams, meetups

Post 3

smiley - laugh
you'd think they never asked normal women what they want in terms of shoes before.....

Shoes, Exams, meetups

Post 4

You can call me TC

I've been looking for some plain black shoes, suitable for summer, for a while. The only ones that fit the bill are either, as you say, the sort your Gran would wear, or they have wedge heels - I think wedge heels look awful. Sometimes I see something that might just do, then I realise I've already got two or three pairs like that at home already.

I don't really want a strap either, because bending down to do shoes up is something I try and avoid!

Good luck with the exams. I wish I could go to the meet, but have too many commitments.

Shoes, Exams, meetups

Post 5

yes I didnt really want wedge heels eather a normal heel would be nice but alas you cant be fussy when the shop only had three pairs of court shoes in my size and the other two are actual styles I have seen my grandmother wear in the past...
*sigh*

the exams should be ok I'm fairly confident on sociology but we've never seen a physiology paper so it will be a surprise which i'm not really looking forward too

a shame you wont be at the meet TC but I hope you have a good weekend

Shoes, Exams, meetups

Post 6

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.brantano.co.uk/ladies

http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes_1610001

http://www.zalando.co.uk/womens-shoes/

smiley - smileymaybe ?

Shoes, Exams, meetups

Post 7

smiley - laugh
thanks Prof,
I dont really like buying shoes on-line because I like to know they fit and make sure they don't make me look like i have huge clown feet
I know its hard making a woman's uk size 9 look smaller but its astoundingly easy to make them look huge...
although one of those sites had one pair of shoes i would consider buying if i saw them in a shop

Shoes, Exams, meetups

Post 8

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyea good pair of wellies will look smiley - cool

Shoes, Exams, meetups

Post 9

smiley - laugh
well this being england often all you need is a good pair of wellies

Shoes, Exams, meetups

Post 10

handy at open air concertssmiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post