This is the Message Centre for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

NaJoPoMo - a month of journals - Dr Anthea

Post 1

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

November 1st

today has been a good day,
Charlie and I have had a fun morning playing and napping
we then went to great grandma's house to help wrangle the cousins into some sort of order smiley - sheep
I cut my thumb on Tuesday carving the pumpkin (i know i know cut away from yourself...) it hasn't quite healed yet but it's not bothering me as much smiley - magic
I seem to be bruising relatively easily perhaps i should start taking some vitamins it can't hurt i guess but I suppose I've always bruised relatively easily so perhaps I'm worrying over nothing.
we're going out tomorrow night to a friends house, it will be the first time that both of us have gone out without the baby since his arrival smiley - online2long

anyway I've decided to try najopomo again this year
but as some of you will be glad to know I'm keeping it all to this journal, don't let that put you off of commenting though!
I'm not too sure I will survive the whole month we're a lot more busy than we were last year,

Joe's teacher training is going well, he's just finished another load of assignments

I have a new job working with Joe's younger brother through direct payment, it's interesting and to be honest I would do it without the incentive of money but i must say it does come in handy now and then
I don't work many hours only three or four a week but that's about all i can manage at the moment with the boys.

I can't believe it's already November, how quickly time creeps up and then vanishes it will be bonfires night soon smiley - monster says he doesn't like fireworks any more, I think this might be a product of spending too much time with grandma she's frightened by loud noises or at least tells the boys that she is. so now my darling four year old doesn't want to go see the fireworks, I'm a bit sad really, I guess he might change his mind for next year but I really don't know what to do
smiley - sadface

smiley - doctor Anthea

Post 2

coelacanth

I'd be inclined to take him, along with his favourite toy to cuddle and perhaps a nice warm hat that would also dampen the sounds? And how about a glow stick to wave around or something equally magical and distracting to a small smiley - monster? It's all about making associations, and if he has fun this year he'll associate fireworks with having a nice time in future. He's probably able to understand a simple explanation of why grandma might be frightened.
smiley - bluefish

Post 3

minorvogonpoet

I remember my son crying at first school fiework display, but he quickly grew out his fears.

I think Ceolacanth is right - provide your little boy with something he will enjoy.

Post 4

November 2nd

Today I have called the housing association as the shower dosnt work properly
the temperature setting is jammed and it is connected to the on/off dial thingy so when you turn the shower on it goes to cold... very cold
also they are going to look at the windows/doors as the wooden frames have some gaps in that are letting in the rather wintry weather smiley - brr
hopefully we will be nice and warm soon

baby Charlie is currently refusing to take a much needed nap although daddy seems to have a magic touch with fussy baby he needs mummy's cuddles to stay asleep once he's given up the battle

Joe is baking a pumpkin pie to take to the party tonight smiley - pumpkin
I love pumpkin pie but i hate egg custard tart which is apparently odd smiley - erm I just think egg custard tastes... well of egg.... smiley - erm

smiley - doctor Anthea

Post 5

minorvogonpoet

Do you put lots of sugar, or spice in pumpkin pie? The taste of pumpkin isn't very strong.

Post 6

cinnamon nutmeg and ginger
smiley - drool

Post 7

the sweetness comes from condensed milk

Post 8

and fresh roast pumpkin

Post 9

November 3rd

Took Charlie and Ephraim to the church Halloween party, mother in law says babys eyes look puffy perhaps he's coming down with chickenpox too, I think baby is just tired but bite my tongue. Ephriam has fun once he is talked into taking part. Mother in law warns everyone at party she thinks baby is coming down with chickenpox... tongue starting to hurt to be honest.

I know I know it's only fair to warn people if it is a possibility I just wish she'd let it go it's driving me up the wall

got letter for babys third jab (and last for a while I think) on the 17th if Mother in law is right he will have to rearrange the jab...

sometimes i want to scream or hit my head against the wall generally aimed at one person.

*deep breaths*
shes probably trying to be helpful must remember... trying to be helpful... not at all frustrating... helpful

smiley - doctor Anthea

Post 10

November 4th

nice quiet day at home today
Joe made second pumpkin pie to use the left over pumpkin
I think we have managed to convince monster that his chickenpox are better and he can go back to school not only have they crusted over smiley - yuk but most of them are gone now well all of them really except the few he did scratch and now it's just healing skin where spots used to be... try telling that to a four year old smiley - laugh

while smiley - monster is at school I have plans to bath the baby and see if i can make it into town to visit the bank and pay in some cheques, honestly it will be a miracle if it happens but you have to keep your fingers crossed smiley - smiley

almost forgot to write this today, few I think I just beat the timer with fifteen minutes to go!... make that ten after checking the spelling of minutes and still feeling that it looks oddly wrong

smiley - doctor Anthea

Post 11

November 5th

so sleepy, fell asleep on sofa
feel like.... something unpleasant lets leave it at that
site not working for me in classic have had to switch to pliny
it took me five minutes to remember it would probably still be working in pliny
smiley - zzz don't know if i have the strength to write any more tonight, certainly don't have the time
smiley - laugh and I promised I would be good and post this earlier

naughty sleepy doctor,
if you wish to see this post pre-spell check please go to somwwhere sleept people arnt or something like that...

smiley - doctor Anthea

Post 12

minorvogonpoet

I hope you're all right, Anthea. smiley - hug

It must have been a struggle, having a child with chicken pox and a baby to cope with.

Post 13

smiley - laugh yes that sums up half term week

Post 14

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

parenthood once started, it never endssmiley - sadfacesmiley - winkeye

Post 15

Z

Well sometimes it does. But that isn't a good thing smiley - sadface

Post 16

You can call me TC

I had a bit of trouble with the site, too, this morning, Anthea. I went to the pliny start page and logged in, then went to preferences and confirmed them and now it's back to normal.

We're nearly a third of the way through the month now (optimistic view!)

Post 17

November 6th

The person who was to come to fix the shower is now late,
not that I am very surprised
baby has gone with grandma to visit a great aunt while i do a frantic tidy smiley - laugh

smiley - monster brought the class mascot home with him last night (it's a teddy floppy dog from the chip and kipper books) and was very happy although he didn't initially wish to go to school this morning he was happy once he was on his way.

Ninjitsu tonight which is why i am updating my journal now before i forget later,
hopefully i will come back with fewer bruises this week smiley - smiley
I was a bit cheeky with my instructor (in good humour) but i fear i may be on rolling practice this week smiley - biggrin rolling always makes me dizzy,
while dyspraxia and martial arts do not make best friends i have found that it does help me a little I don't trip over myself quite as much as i used to, also being a relatively shy person sometimes it helps me come out of my shell a little.

I was initially worried that putting all my journals in this one thread would stop people from commenting so I would like to take this chance - nearly a third of the way through smiley - winkeye - to thank you all

smiley - doctor Anthea

Post 18

minorvogonpoet

My son had all sorts of problems at school, but he took to karate. I'm sure it helped with his co-ordination, self-control, and self-confidence.

I'm a bit smiley - senior for that. Beginners yoga is all I can manage.smiley - laugh

Post 19

November 7th

Sooo sore, I feel like everything has been bruised smiley - injured
really i think it's just some very tender mustles
I'm off to have a bath

I've been to asda today to get some baby grows and such
spent far too much money smiley - yikes
it's astounding the price of things at the moment
and of course it all adds up pretty quickly

ohh I'm looking forward to that bath
and perhaps a take away meal with the last of the money i got for my birthday, smiley - smiley

smiley - doctor Anthea - off to build castles with bubbles

Post 20

November 8th

waiting for a delivery...
don't you hate waiting in
it's only something from amazon but as I'm a "prime" customer i get the joy of having to sign for the things instead of them just getting pushed through the door smiley - doh
delivery is a bit quicker though... smiley - erm
I signed up some years ago (almost four years ago i think)
and they automatically update your prime subscription (£50 a year for postage smiley - yikes) I have got to find a way to cancel that it's just not worth the money

I'm thinking of joining netflicks or one of the smaller lovefilm subscriptions does anyone have experience with netflicks in the uk?
I don't really know what films they have... smiley - erm

I've been good and vaccumed the living room and done a bit of tidying while Joe has baby,
they have gone to pilling (horriable place to get to from our side of the wyre) to get some clay for Joe's teaching practice smiley - smiley

smiley - doctor Anthea

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more