A Conversation for What do the Community Artists do?

Artist to be wants help from artists.

Post 1

Zarkin' Fardwarks.

Hi I am Zarking Fardwarks.
I am taking the art test but iam so stuck. I have to do an image for pavement parking. I have no ideas. Please coold you all send me loads of ideas.
Ta
ZF

Post 2

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Hi ZF

I lean towards just doing straightforward pictures of things so I'd do a nice one point perspective picture of a street with... um... a car parked on the pavement. Perhaps with a lady pushing her pushchair in the road to get around the car because she can't use the pavement.

Perhaps someone else will think of a whackier idea.

Amy smiley - ant

Post 3

SEF

You could try a split image - an example of correct parking on one side and the incorrect pavement parking on the other. You could use perspective or do it in plan or elevation form, rather like highway code instructions or road signs. You might even add a tick and cross over the right and wrong views.

If you want somthing sillier you could put the ignorant selfish sheep into the car (or row of cars) on the pavement.

Post 4

Tom the Pomm

Make up a landscape of coloured paper and use childrens building blocks as houses then get a tiny model car and sit it in the picture and take a photgragh of the scene you now have a picture you can copy from with all the right dimentions all you need to do now is copy the picture onto your drawing paper and add the child in the pram being pushed around it.
If you want shadows then get a light and put it at an angle the sun would shine from and don't forget to add shadow to the pram.

Hope this helps T.:0)

Post 5

Tom the Pomm

To draw or sketch in perpective one must determine where the vanishing point is and draw faint lines in pencil.

One can get an idea by looking at a picture and choosing the highest building or tree on the horizon then sketch lines down to the bottom corners of the drawing and get a rough idea of what the building or trees will look like in the middle ground. T.T.F.N. :0)

Post 6

Tom the Pomm

Serious Painting by Tom Barker

To begin with it is a good idea to keep any work you do so that you can learn from your mistakes.

On the market today there is a hard board with a white face.
This is excellent for one to learn on since the whole thing can be washed off if the worst comes to the worst and one can begin again.

Later when one becomes more competent one can think of painting on canvas which involes stretching and framing.

However the painter can always have the finished picture framed by a Picture framer.

To begin with one buys student oils (cheaper) and one can buy more and better Artist Oils later.

Brushes are very importand and must be kept clean after a painting session.
If there are any replies to this massage I will do my best to answer them all. Cheers mates and happy painting.

Post 7

Tom the Pomm

Huh! why bovver? Ah'm goin' back to sleep.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more