A Conversation for The Other Side of the World

Writing Workshop: A823141 - The Other Side of the World

Post 1

LL Waz

Entry: The Other Side of the World - A823141
Author: Pinniped - U183682

I don't know how many times I've thought of putting this piece of Pin's here, (along with at least half a dozen others), but this weekend it's made its own choice.

It puts our incredible capacity as humans for both inflicting pain and for survival and reconciliation in a such a quiet way, that it almost seems to slow time down.

*sigh* and now I've got to go to the garden centre - that's life for you.
Waz

Thanks again for this one, Pin.

A823141 - The Other Side of the World

Post 2

J

WW or AWW?

Post 3

LL Waz

smiley - doh

Post 4

Flame

This is a very powerful, thought provoking, and beautifully written piece of writing.

Flame smiley - magic

Post 5

Pinniped

Hi Flame

Thanks.

Not as recent as you guess, though. It was written in the week of the first anniversary of 9/11, just after I returned home from the business trip to Hiroshima that it describes.

It's a true story, therefore, give or take a little licence with the pacing of events. (The conversation really took place, and so did the walk in the park, though not at the same time)

Key: Complain about this post

Writing Workshop: A823141 - The Other Side of the World

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more