A Conversation for Quantum Leap

Do you want help finishing this?

Post 1

Oberon2001 (Scout)

Hi there!
Came across this entry and wondered if you wanted help finishing it?
Oberon2001

Post 2

Old Uncle Zarniwoop

Actually, now you come to mention it I really would like a hand with this article. It has the potential to be really long and as you can see, I didn't really get very far, and this is only an early draft. Are you a fan of Quantum Leap?

Post 3

Oberon2001 (Scout)

Big time! smiley - ok
I especially love the final episode (which links into the first if you watch it carefully smiley - winkeye). I know of at least one other person on h2g2 who's a fan as well, Master B.
Anyway, here's a little bit to start you off (picking up from where you left off). Feel free to edit this and stuff, as it's not complete.

Dr Samuel Beckett- The creator of Project Quantum Leap, Sam is the unlikely, and unwilling, hero of the series. Sam grudgeingly puts right what once went wrong only because he (wrongly) believes this is what will lead him home. As the series progressed it became clear that, however, that he gained a little satisfaction out of leaping and changing so many lives. This was highlighted in the episode where Sam leaps home, only to voluntarily step back into the project. Offered another chance to leap home in the final episode of Quantum Leap, he once agains choses to stay in the project, showing just how much he has grown to like it from his initial reluctance to be a good guy.

Al Calvechi (phonetic spelling, smiley - sorry) - An admiral in the Navy (I think!), Al is a serial womaniser, married five times, having had countless girlfriends. He is also Sam's only friend in the project, having been saved by Sam him when he was at his lowest point.

I realise more could be added to this, and I'll come back and add it. Hey! It's a start!

Also, you might want to mention the spin-off novels in a footnote or something, to highlight how popular it was (it did run for 5 series, after all).
Oberon2001

Post 4

Old Uncle Zarniwoop

Its going to be bigger than footnotes smiley - smiley Full blown sections on everything!! Whats more important, and the motivation for doing this article for me is that....Quantum Leap is been revived!!! Its official.

The final episode was not meant to be the final episode, so perhaps it will carry on where that one left off. Its only at the last moment that the decided to cancel the program, so the just cut off the original ending and put the 'never got home one' on there instead.

Post 5

Old Uncle Zarniwoop

Oh by the way, I've added you to the article's researcher list so you can put whatever you write straight there. If you want, you can have the initial job of re-writing the original, as i'm not very good at starting an article. I tend to just stare for hours at the screen writing the introduction and then write the entire thing in half an hour.

Post 6

Oberon2001 (Scout)

Unfortunately, only you can edit this entry, as you were the one to start it, although smiley - cheers for putting my name on the researcher's list.
If you want to add my parts to the entry, just copy and paste them the entry from this forum.
Oh yeah, sorry to break this to you, but over the weekend it was announced that no more episodes of Quantum Leap were going to be made (for the time being, anyway).
Oberon2001

Post 7

Old Uncle Zarniwoop

Thats tragic that is! Oh well, it looked promising there for a while smiley - smiley

Post 8

Oberon2001 (Scout)

Hello again!
I've just had a look at the entry and if you add the bit I wrote earlier to it, it should be ready for Peer Review.
What'd ya say?
Oberon2001

Post 9

Old Uncle Zarniwoop

Okay i'll look at it and add it before the start of next week. Terribly busy at the moment. I tell you at this rate of procrastination it might just get done by next christmas smiley - smiley

Post 10

creachy

are yo going to mention the episode where sam leaps in, only to fall down the stairs and get knocked out. but he doesn't realise this (neither do we) as he then ends up against the devil. when he comes round he knows instantly what he has to do as al is panicking as he has only a few minutes to do it. but sam does it unassisted from al or ziggy. this episode needs more studying as it conveys the same point that the quantumn accelerator has been taken over by a higher force.

Post 11

Old Uncle Zarniwoop

*Wakes up in a daze*

What...urgh...Quantum Leap entry...argh...

I love the sound that deadlines make when they go wafting behind you. Of course I will mention that episode. However, this entry is going at a snails pace, as you can see.

Post 12

Oberon2001 (Scout)

Yay!
Welcome back OUZ, thought we'd lost you for a bit there. smiley - biggrin
Oberon2001

Post 13

HazzaTL

I heard there was actually 2 versions made for the final episode.

the unseen version is where he chooses the match that is a winning one, and the bar man guy explains everything to Sam, and Sam believes he can get home, and actually gets home, instead of leaping to a new adventure.

Post 14

creachy

smiley - huh i thought he had everything explained to him anyway but chose to carry on correcting mistakes.

it's been a long time since i've seen an episode of quantum leap. i'll have to check out the usual repeat channels. UKGold, BBC1 etc

Post 15

Oberon2001 (Scout)

The episode that was shown (wasn't aware there was an unshown one... but there you go), showed Sam being offered a choice of what to do and he choose to help Al.
Oberon2001

Post 16

HazzaTL

There was a scene at the bar where if he choose the correct straw from the card the guy explains to Sam exerything. indeed he is told partially what, but not WHY he can't get home.

It's been a few years since I saw this episode too so some the details I'm saying may not be 100% accurate.

Key: Complain about this post