This is the Message Centre for Terran

Brainwave! Rallying Call!

Post 1

Terran

I've just had a crazy thought and had to post before I forgot it! I've been thinking a bit lately about what's going on with YT (work out the initials for the video/music website), and I don't know how much you know but basically it's started killing off a lot of videos. Fair enough the artists have started to crack down or something, but i think the people they are really punishing are the people being creative on those sites! I don't think they even realise what they're doing. Those who really want illegal downloads or free music can just go to torrents or to msn music (lol!).

So what I think we need is a place were people can tell the music companies to sod off, somewhere where its easy for people just to make their own music, put their own stuff together and tell the money grabbing others to go and wallow and worry about their own self-importance!

I'm not normally this outward speaking on this issue, but I seriously don't think these people can see what they're doing. Despite everything I actually think YT is making them money. I've found out about songs (and I know many many others) that I wouldn't have found out any other way! And have bought them as a result. I seriously think you either embrace these things or get caught up in something worse. People just can't see beyond dollar signs and paranoia around the Internet simply because they don't understand it.

And I think communities like this can be a force for that change. For an Internet that doesn't need the music industry of the high towers. We can make music, videos... etc without these people. If they wont embrace it, then I think they're risking something far greater. People losing interest in them. The Internet is the media of choice, and if you wind up the people primarily using that media, then prepare to face the consequences.

Interesting I wonder how this will go down smiley - biggrin

Post 2

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

aaaaH One

aaaaah Two

aaaah one twwooo three fourrrrrrrrrrrrrah

Twang

smiley - smiley

Post 3

Terran

I suspect the idea was greater than the implementation of the journal smiley - tongueout Still, if at first you don't succeed...

All together now... 1...2...3...4... smiley - musicalnote

Post 4

Skankyrich [?]

Are you suggesting a site where anyone can create a profile, upload their own music and share it with others along with tour dates and so on, without the interference of Enormous Music Institutions?

If so, it's called MySpace, and you're about five years too late.

Post 5

Skankyrich [?]

Oh, and incidentally - I've been sitting here drinking for about three months, and you're still not talking to me smiley - tongueout

Post 6

Terran

"Are you suggesting a site where anyone can create a profile, upload their own music and share it with others along with tour dates and so on, without the interference of Enormous Music Institutions?

If so, it's called MySpace, and you're about five years too late."

Well sort of :p I was thinking more of a make music on the site thing... it needs more thought admittedly... though I have recently thought of something to go with this that might make it more viable...

Post 7

Terran

"Oh, and incidentally - I've been sitting here drinking for about three months, and you're still not talking to me"

Okay... here goes... the world is about to end... in about 5 Billion years... give or take... smiley - tongueout

By the way, really appreciate the plug for the story... I wonder if the Itallics have picked up on it yet...

Post 8

Skankyrich [?]

Ask Roymondo. I know he jams live with a bunch of people from time to time.

Post 9

Terran

Oh that's an idea... though I'm beginning to fear this may actually not be as great as an idea as it seemed the other night... maybe I forgot some of the details of my revelation... Not all my journals can be as good as yours Rich smiley - tongueout

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Terran

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more