This is the Message Centre for Terran

Whats in a name?

Post 1

Terran

Hello to anyone who is either getting this as a result of calling me a friend (thanks by the way smiley - ok), or by idly wandering through here.

I'm just really writing this to say that I have decided on a name change, to Vercingetorix. "Why?" I hear you ask, well mostly because I thought Terran was a bit bland, and I was sick of writing it, and secondly because my circumstances being what they are in real life (i.e. extreemly busy), mean that I will no longer be a regular poster (well not as mad as I used to be anyway), hence I thought it might be a good time for a name change to distinguish the former regular poster, and the future not very regular poster. As a result of this I may have to hand in my ACE's badge, which I would prefer not to do, but if thats what happens it happens.

Vercingetorix was a Celtic warrior from the times of the Roman Empire. I am in part descended from Celt's so I thought it may describe me a bit better, not much I know, but a bit more than a generic "Terran". If you find Vercingetorix a bit hard to swallow, just call me Verc (or some other better variation), or if you really want to you can still call me Terran.

Anyway, all the best and I'll see you around,

Vercingetorix smiley - fullmoon

Whats in a name?

Post 2

spook

Terran? bland? no way. terran rocks, was terran is another word for human, so it shows that yo are just a normal human, living, being u etc.

but, if you want to be Vercingetorix, i guess i'll have to challenge you to a traditional Celtic battle of two warriors.

spooksmiley - cool

Whats in a name?

Post 3

friendlywithteeth

Terran is another word for Earth...

I like Vercingtorix, though I may just call you Torix! Where does this leave the Terranic army? A name change perhaps?

I changed my name after a while to it's present form too...

...Celt? Methinks I'm Celt too: my dad is from Burton-on-Trent and my mum is from Norfolk: Boadecea country!

Whats in a name?

Post 4

spook

no fwt. Terra is another name for earth, terran is a human, someone from earth.

and f the terranic army gets renamed it will become the Spookic Army, or something like that.

Torix isn't a bad name.

spooksmiley - aliensmile

Whats in a name?

Post 5

Skullock

smiley - laughs Hurrah! For the Spookic army. Where Smeg rules supream!

Tis a shame really, terran was such an easy name to write and remember. Oh well, I'm sure you'll do just as well with your new name. The explnation of it was much appricated.

Whats in a name?

Post 6

friendlywithteeth

Hey Torix smiley - ok

Whats in a name?

Post 7

Terran

Hey smiley - ok

Whats in a name?

Post 8

friendlywithteeth

How be you?

Whats in a name?

Post 9

Terran

Me be fine smiley - winkeye. Nooo, I'm beginning to sound like Greebo! Help me some one.

Whats in a name?

Post 10

friendlywithteeth

smiley - smiley Methinks I be fine too! How's uni et al?

Whats in a name?

Post 11

Terran

Busy as always, I've got a lecture in about 10 minutes, so I'll be disappearing asap. Hows life?

Whats in a name?

Post 12

friendlywithteeth

Damn smiley - cross Missed you there!

Sorry: was cleaning the microwave [shudder] and am now getting some lunch. I've got a course this afternoon so will also be shooting off! It's busy too: I've just been accepted onto BUNAC for the Summer Camp USA so we'll see how that pans out!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Terran

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more