A Conversation for Movie Junkies "Notable Quotable" Club!!

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 21

Friar

'lo L thought I'd pop in and say HI!

Love the movie line site. Great idea:

Need a new one though, are you taking suggestions?

"A flute with no holes is not a fulte, and donut with no hole whole is a danish. . . "

"Good? Bad? I'm the Ash with the gun"

"I think we need a bigger boat."

ok, i'll stop there (for now, but perhaps I will return to "taunt you a second time!").

Friar

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 22

akira100

Hello Mr Friar

Thanks for getting involved and hopefully revitalising the quote corner. smiley - smiley

When I read the "flute" quote, my first reaction was aha, "American Pie"! smiley - tongueout. After reflection, a cup of coffee and a walk around the block, I decided it was said by Chevy Chase in "Caddyshack" (I think).

Number two, you gave away with the name Ash, who has appeared in three films. (Evil Dead, Evil Dead II and Army Of Darkness). This particular quote was from "Army Of Darkness".

The third quote is the one that everyone who has seen a film in the last thirty years should know. It was Roy Scheider as Brody catching sight of the shark for the first time in "Jaws".

- And your teaser at the end was, of course John Cleese as a dodgy French soldier in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" smiley - biggrin

More, please!

Bye bye for now

smiley - cheers

Peter

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 23

Friar

"Dad, that tree won't fit in our back yard!"
"It's not going in our back yard Russ. . .it's going in our living room."

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 24

Lucrecia (Knight of an Unusual Amount of Healing Items, Movie Buff Extraordinaire - A809958)

That movie was on tv yesterday!

It's National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!

Sorry I haven't posted in for ever. Between high school, basketball, and working to get money for college, it's been tough to get here!

Although I don't have time to keep up a page and a contest, I'd be glad to hang in this conversation, or if one of you gents want to take over a contest, be my guest!

Have fun gents!

-Lucrecia

PS: "So... I guess it goes from God, to Jerry, to Kent... to the cleaners. Huh, Kent?"

Hint: It's an 80's movie featuring Val Kilmer.

smiley - fullmoon

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 25

Friar

Real Genius!

Great movie.

here's another:
"I'll be your huckleberry."
if nobody gets this by tomorrow I'll tack on a hint.

Friar

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Movie Junkies "Notable Quotable" Club!!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more