A Conversation for Movie Junkies "Notable Quotable" Club!!

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 1

akira100

The answer is Fight Club and I claim my prize.

BTW My nickname refers to the Akira Kurosawa as well as the classic anime

See you soon

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 2

Lucrecia (Knight of an Unusual Amount of Healing Items, Movie Buff Extraordinaire - A809958)

Alright! You get a point! Keep checking it out, will ya? Tell your friends!

-L. smiley - fullmoon

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 3

akira100

Dear L

Answer to 24 August question: Cartman in "South Park: Bigger, Longer, Sillier, Ruder, Funnier, Uncut, etc, etc.

More, more. Give me more!

Sorry, I get carried away....

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 4

Lucrecia (Knight of an Unusual Amount of Healing Items, Movie Buff Extraordinaire - A809958)

Awesome! After today they're gonna get much harder, so good luck!

-L.

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 5

akira100

Hi L

Let me try one on you. What film is this?

"You think we watch any of your movies, Harry? I've seen better film on teeth."

A100

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 6

I must say that I have no idea. I'm gonna guess "Dumb and Dumber" because I think one of those character's names was Harry (or maybe not... it's been a while.) I must say that I am stumped. But seems like August 24 stumped you too so I guess we're even!

-L.

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 7

Oops! I mean 25th

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 8

akira100

Hi L

Sorry, busy day yesterday. We've had a national holiday over here in England ("August Bank Holiday" the late summer day off) so things were a bit different and I had to work out my teaser for you on Sunday night.
- Which was, by the way, from "Get Shorty".

I've just got round to being able to look at the 25th Aug competetion. Lucrecia! You gave it away! A quick check on your favourite movies gave me the answer. I have seen "Pi" (on my birthday last year as I remember) and liked it, but wasn't overwhelmed. On the other hand, Fight Club, Memento and Dogma I count amongst the best films ever made. One of my criteria for "favourite films" is being able to watch them over and over; these three fulfill that criteria.

Any Kevin Smith film is brilliant, but Dogma, for me, is the best. Fight Club was the first film I bought on DVD. Any film that has Edwards Norton in I know will be good. And Memento - the best, most original film of the past few years.

Another recent film which bears repeated viewing is Moulin Rouge (even though I'm not a Ewan McGregor fan). Again, it's a unique concept and is the work of a director who has total control over his subject matter. Not a single redundant frame in the whole thing.

Well,that was more than I intended to write and I've run out of time to give you my own 26th August film quote. Later, if time allows...

A100

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 9

akira100

Good morning/afternoon/evening L

My quote of the day!

Christian: Love? Above all things I believe in love! Love is like oxygen. Love is a many-splendoured thing. Love lifts us where we belong. All you need is love!

Hint: It's a film I like a lot!

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 10

Moulin Rouge! I was pleasantly surprised by this movie!

Sorry I was gone so long... School... :P

I'll have a new one up tonight.

-Lucrecia smiley - fullmoon

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 11

akira100

Hello L

Movie Quote 29 August.

I think you've got me this time..

Using the John Wayne hint, I've got the feeling it's either The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance or True Grit

Glad to hear you liked Moulin Rouge. Speaking of Memento, have you seen Insomnia yet? It's not out here in England yet, but I've seen the original Norwegian version (or was it Swedish? Sorry, all a bit vague this morning. It's too early for me!)

Regards

a100

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 12

True Grit. Good guess!

If you mean the Insomnia with Robin Williams and Hilary Swank, then yes, I've seen it. It's not as good as I thought it would be, but not as bad as it could have been I suppose.

-Lucrecia

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 13

akira100

L

You've beaten me this time! I've no idea where that latest quote comes from (the jacka*$s one). I give up.

Here's one for you, though.

Percy: Keep an eye on the staircases, they like to change.

I can't think of a good hint that doesn't give it away. Howabout film of a bestselling book.

a100

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 14

I've both seen and read Harry Potter and the Sorcer's Stone, so that one's too easy!

The jacka$$ one comes from Ocean's Eleven.

-L. smiley - fullmoon

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 15

akira100

L
Was there a baseball kiddie film called The Sandlot or something like that. Probably way off this time.

My turn:

"Do you know what I'm doing, Miss Kenton? I am placing my mind elsewhere while you chatter away."

Couple of hints.
1) Mainly British film (hurray!)
2) 8 Oscar Nominations (Picture, Actor, Actress, Director, Art Direction, Costume Design, Musical Score, Adapted Screenplay)

a100

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 16

Master of Complete Tosh, Keeper of the Tea Money

*opens door and tries to sneak in quietly without anyone noticing
coughs quietly and asks "Is this the right place for the movie quotes club"*

That comes from "Remains of the Day" based on the novel by Kazuo Ishiguro. Anthony Hopkins playing the role of Mr Benn, the butler, but the real give away was Miss Kenton, the house keeper, played by Emma Thompson. Also had Hugh Grant in as well.

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 17

Most definately the right place!! Sorry I've been gone for so long! Between work, school, and applying for college, I've had so little time!!! Anyway, I put a new one up! Good luck!

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 18

Anyone gonna get this one?

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 19

akira100

Dave Bowman in "2001, A Space Odyssey" ( and repeated in "2010")

Thanks for an easier one!

Movie Quote of the Day

Post 20

Master of Complete Tosh, Keeper of the Tea Money

Not a clue, can we have a hint please?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Movie Junkies "Notable Quotable" Club!!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more