A Conversation for Sleepwear

Nothing at all!

Post 1

Nightfever

Damnit! How can you people sleep while wearing things? Nah, gotta sleep commando. None of that icky feeling when you get up that your underwear is part of your skin.

Nothing at all!

Post 2

Jonny Zoom

Quite right. Nothing at all is the only acceptable attire for bed, unless you're sleeping on a friend's sofa or have passed out at a party, or both. Wearing pyjamas in bed is weird and freaky. Although it's perfectly OK to wear pyjamas around the house - but only if you're a girl.

Nothing at all!

Post 3

Cheerful Dragon

It's so long since I wore any kind of sleepwear that I now feel dreadful when I wake up after sleeping with something on. Sleeping with pyjamas or anything else on feels weird.

Nothing at all!

Post 4

kat

i agree, commando is the way to go! (except when bratty little kids are staying at your house, when who knows what could try to pull off the sheets in a attempt to wake you up)

Nothing at all!

Post 5

JediSlider

Well, it kinda depends on the weather. My heater isn't the best, so in winter I'm prone to wearing loose pajamas, or boxers
and a t-shirt. But come summer, nothing at all is best. It's way more comfortable. Well, as long as I'm home by myself, or my
door is locked. During the school year, my parents might come in to wake me up (I've got an alarm clock, dammit!) and they
wouldn't appreciate it. smiley - winkeye

Nothing at all!

Post 6

Nightfever

Would your parents actually rip the bed-clothes off you? Damn, I'd hate that! Mind you, I've stopped kicking the clothes off the bed while I'm asleep, so that's a plus. And camping with friendsis another time when a boxer minimum is uaually required - struggling out of a sleeping bag in a packed tent and trying not to let your tackle smack off your mate is a BAD thing...

Nothing at all!

Post 7

Nightfever

...but boxers ARE an acceptable way to wander about the house the morning after if you're a guy.

Nothing at all!

Post 8

x1692

not unless someone is at your door trying to sell you something. then anythings fair

Nothing at all!

Post 9

Nightfever

I meant when people were in the house with you of course...answering the door naked is a bad thing though...

sometimes...

Nothing at all!

Post 10

x1692

Only sometimes. Other times when some yutz comes knockin at 8 in the morn on sunday and its your only day I believe that it is perfectly exceptable to show your loins. Embaressment is a small price to pay for interupting ones slumber. That and the look on those old ladies faces is classic.

On the subject of nudity...

Post 11

Dionisus

I agree with that whole heartedly, especially when you look out the window only to find that your early morning harrasser just happens to be wearing something close to a suit while riding a bicicle... usually they travel in pairs... For those of you who don't know what i'm talking about, I speak of the Morman bicicle men who like to ask me how i feel about god and armageddon and such. I find that when the door is opened and a head pokes out about 3 feet above the ground along with the phrase "you are not my master... where is my master?" in a cheesy Igor voice works nicely to deter them from asking too many questions. This is also good for harrassers of other religions, such as Jehova's witnesses. Also running naked through public parks at anyone that matches the description of a harrasser would do well for discouraging them from coming to your house early in the morning, thus granting you more sleep.

Nothing at all!

Post 12

Frizzychick

I agree with the whole no pyjamams thing - but as an aside can anyone tell me where the expression 'commando' in relation to nudity comes from - or what exactly it means.

Nothing at all!

Post 13

Dionisus

x1692 and I have conferred on this for a long while, and I think I finally pinned this one down. The only thing we can think of is this: Commandos must be able to survive and kill in any situation, up to and including being air dropped naked on the swiss alps. Therefore, to be in good training, one must be able to react in any situation without so much as a towel to help you defend yourself. If anyone has any more insight into this theory, feel free to share.

Nothing at all!

Post 14

Clarabel

The term commando gives the impression that one is in command, am I not correct?
If one is naked in bed then, perhaps, it gives a feeling of power and thus the term commando came about.
Just a crazy thought from one of the 'girls' as mentioned previously in this conversation!

Nothing at all!

Post 15

Dionisus

Perhaps, but what would be your reaction to a naked man walking up to your door and ringing the bell? I'm sure that, unless he was either extremely comfortable in both his lack of modesty and his ability to hide from the police, or perhaps a few crayons short of a box in the first place, he would not feel in command of the situation. Though this is not to say you would if you answered the door to a naked stranger. This actually brings up memories of a nature hiker telling me that the snake was more scared of me then I was of it, but we won't talk about that now.

Nothing at all!

Post 16

Cupid Stunt

Depends.

Key: Complain about this post