A Conversation for The Ultimate Cocktail List

Snakebite and Black

Post 1

the Geez

Ingredients...
1/2 a pint of larger
1/2 a pint of cider
Blackcurrent cordial

Mix the halves in a pint glass, add the blackcurrent and drink. It's that simple.
Ttastes like cheap cherryaid.

Snakebite

Post 2

Davros

There are dark moments when I think I've failed to learn from my mistakes - that I've lived this long and not matured at all.
Then I remember and say to myself 'At least I don't drink bloody snakebite any more.'

Snakebite

Post 3

SmileyMan

After discussion with several friends, it seems that we all recall a "transition period" from childhood to adulthood, and that one of the indicators of the transition is that first time when there is a snakebite and optional black underneath your nose, and your brain finally connects the smell of the drink with the extremes of vomiting and stupidity associated with this drink.

Thus a definiton of an adult is possibly "someone who cannot stand the smell of snakebite"

Snakebite

Post 4

Jay

Sometime in my youth - when experimenting with any booze that came to hand - myself and some friends hit upon, what we thought at the time, was the Holy Grail of drinks... the Super Snakebite and Black!

Requires:
Half can of Special Brew
Half can of Strongbow Super Cider
Dash of Black

Method:
Mix together in a pint glass (carefully)!

Yes, we really did drink this. No one ever made it past 4 pints in a night. My stomach still turns if I smell either of those drinks to this day. I feel ill just typing about it!

For those wondering what it tasted of, well, it has a unique flavour all of it's own. Different from your normal, lower strength Snakebites, more.... ummm, woodlike, or perhaps, Toilet Duck like...

Oh and on a side note - I remember someone I knew drinking Snakebite with out the black, and another friend telling us that the black is added as with out it the cider and lager reacts and crystalises in the glass. Is there any truth in this - or was it mearly the ramblings of someone who had imbided a couple of Super Snakebite and Blacks too many?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more