A Conversation for POETRY

You did it!

Post 1

Doug Dastardly

Ah, so you got those paragraphs working then smiley - smiley

You did it!

Post 2

Doug Dastardly

Nice entry BTW, made me chuckle smiley - smiley.

You did it!

Post 3

Doug Dastardly

So... do you have an interest in poetry? smiley - smiley

You did it!

Post 4

Ginger The Feisty

I'm here. Where are you?

BTW I've noticed the server can't keep up. If I refresh it tells me there's been no updates but if I go in there have been and I reply. Then about 5 mins later it tells me you've replied for the first time. Cool, I'm now typing in a time warp! smiley - smiley

You did it!

Post 5

Ginger The Feisty

Yes I have an interest in poetry. I even write some. Do you want to hear one ?

You did it!

Post 6

Doug Dastardly

Yeah go on then smiley - smiley

*sits down comfortably to listen... smiley - smiley *

You did it!

Post 7

Doug Dastardly

I have to do a refresh to get the up to date list smiley - smiley. I think we're probably giving their server some real grief tonight. I just hope we don't break it or we'll never hear the last of it! Still.. it might persuade them to think about setting up a chat area smiley - smiley. After all, us researchers are friendly people!

You did it!

Post 8

Ginger The Feisty

My poem is on a user page called "My Poem". It's very tongue in cheek so pleaase take it in the way it is intended rather than literary.

Oh God, this is the first time I've gone public with a poem. I've just been outed!! smiley - smiley

I think we might get some stick anyway!

You did it!

Post 9

Doug Dastardly

I didn't realise you were going to publish it! I'm going to take a look now! (I was wondering what you were up to!) I think we might need to find somewhere to lie low for a while after tonight! smiley - winkeye

You did it!

Post 10

Ginger The Feisty

I was going to say, How low do you normally go, but that's too obvious even for me! smiley - bigeyes

What did you think? Formatting seems to take longer!

You did it!

Post 11

Doug Dastardly

How low do you want me to go smiley - bigeyes and could we get any lower than this anyway! (ahem!).

Must have taken you ages to do all that formatting... thought it was good though, although you might get some arguments about the subject matter smiley - winkeye But then... we know you'd win anyay! smiley - smiley I posted a message in the forum for the My Poem page too... just in case you missed that!

You did it!

Post 12

Ginger The Feisty

Lower! smiley - bigeyes

It was originally written as an answer to any bloke who said "tell me one of your poems" because it is very effective in shutting them up!

You did it!

Post 13

Doug Dastardly

LOWER!? I'm 6'4" I don't get much lower than this! smiley - smiley

Ah I see - so what other poems have you written smiley - winkeye What other subjects? smiley - smiley

You did it!

Post 14

Ginger The Feisty

Oh the others are far too neurotic and tortured. I prefer this one because at least I know I'm joking. smiley - smiley

You did it!

Post 15

Doug Dastardly

Aww... So the other ones are the kind you'll publish when you're famous! smiley - smiley

You did it!

Post 16

Ginger The Feisty

No they are just too sad and self indulgent to ever be seen by another human being although there is one that if I amended the ending would raise a few eyebrows! smiley - winkeye

And it is "never" going on this site or into e-mail!

You did it!

Post 17

Doug Dastardly

Oh yeah? Now I'm intrigued! My mind's in over drive now! My eyebrows are primed and ready smiley - winkeye. Do you write poetry often then?

You did it!

Post 18

Ginger The Feisty

I used to but I kind of lost inspiration once I became an accountant. Did I mention that all accountants are failed poets?

You did it!

Post 19

Doug Dastardly

Yeah, you did say smiley - smiley. I guess numbers don't really lend themselves to poetry really! What other interests do you have?

You did it!

Post 20

Ginger The Feisty

Art, books, talking and films (although I'm not an expert so don't expect me to get into deep conversations about film noir or anything!)

What about you?

Key: Complain about this post