A Conversation for Talking Point: Snail Mail versus Email

Love letters

Post 1

Frankie Roberto

Nothing can beat a good old, handwritten love letter. It is so much more romantic! It is possible to write romantic e-mails, but letters are a much more personal touch. Besides, e-mails just reside somewhere in your computer, and have to be read on the screen. Letters can be taken to a bedroom or favorite place, and stored somewhere personal.

Love letters

Post 2

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

But you can attach racy webcam footage to an e-mail... smiley - biggrin

Love letters

Post 3

Ces

A daily morning e-mail where you're proclaiming your undying love and wishing your love interest a happy day is ok imho, as long as those letters written with a caring hand and applied with a hint of rose fragrance make their way as well. smiley - smooch

Love letters

Post 4

The Last Gunslinger

i must say i've personally found hand written letters to so much more effective and satisfying. both when writing and when reading them, especially when it comes from my girlfren. and i have every single one of those written by her, each with a different story to tell. each reread bring back many memories... alas, it is not quite the same with the e-mails we send across. smiley - devil

Love letters

Post 5

GreyDesk

I like hand writing. I have stored away a birthday card from my Grandfather who died, now, 13 years ago. It's the only thing I have with his handwriting on it and it's very precious to me.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more