This is the Message Centre for Researcher 195767

so, like, what are you?

Post 1

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

I'm a christian - an odd one in fact.
I believe in the bible and the book of mormon as the word of God.
I am not a mormon.
I'm a breakoff from the RLDS before they became the CoC.
smiley - huhwhat are you? you trying to evangilize h2g2??? do you claim to be a prophet who gets revilations direct from God as other researchers have said?

i'm into politics. i'm a right-winger. check out my debate page: A1324252
smiley - towelNerd42

so, like, what are you?

Post 2

Researcher 195767

Nerd42,

I am not sure I know how to answer you, as I am nothing like you! smiley - smiley

ALL Christians receive direct 'revelation' from God. Christ gave His life to save men from sin; that which separates them from Him. It is hardly surprising that He speaks to His people now restored to Him, is it?!

Hidden

Post 3

your post is hidden.
looks like you're getting moderated.
were you cursing about my church being the smiley - devil or what?
I think christians are discriminated against on h2g2.
Do you think that might be partly because of you?

hey wait, I heard people could be put on "pre-mod" where their posts are hidden until they are reviewed and accepted as OK.... is that what's going on?
smiley - towelNerd42

Hidden

Post 4

Researcher 195767

Nerd,

I am on pre-mod, not though it makes much difference. It actually works quite well really.

I don't curse anyone, friend.

Hidden

Post 5

smiley - peacedoveall christians recieve direct revelation from God....
By some definitions of those words, I could agree with you, so lets define revelation a bit more.
smiley - towelNerd42

Hidden

Post 6

I wanna know what denomination you are for one thing.
you don't sound like a catholic. methodist? baptist? episcipalian? jehova's witness?
smiley - towelNerd42

Removed

Post 7

Researcher 524695

This post has been removed.

Hidden

Post 8

has any reason been given /why/ you are getting moderated?

Hidden

Post 9

[because I can't see that post either]

Hidden

Post 10

Researcher 524695

That wasn't Justin, that was me. Since he is unwilling or unable to do so , I explained his belief - his "denomination". My explanation used only facts provided by him. Apparently that explanation is offensive.

Draw your own conclusions about that...

Hidden

Post 11

Researcher 524695

By the way, in case you're wondering, I spoke for Justin because he has unsubscribed from this thread (although he's obviously READING it, because he yikesed my last posting where I attempted to offer you the answer he would not).

He clearly has no further intention of answering you. As far as he is concerned, your questions - and by extension, you - are "perverse". He does this a lot.

Don't expect any further answers from him. You might, if you're lucky, be blessed by being persecuted by him, as I am currently - he yikeses pretty much everything I write here, and I don't write much. I take such persecution as a sign I'm doing the right thing.

Hidden

Post 12

I would like to say that I came here for HONEST INQUIRY, it's not :"ATTACK JUSTIN TIME."
By the way, did you know that the LDS, CoC, and other book of mormon beliving groups are the only world-religion not mentioned in the Left Behind series? Yeah, we get the religious "Big Ignore" alot, but never on h2g2 from another christian before. Most protistants would never support any charity started by a "mormon" even if it's non-denominational. "Cults" like us are avoided like the plauge so much that I have to be on guard at simple questions like "what church do you go to?" I think it's mostly the fault of that villain Brigham Young who moved to Utah and became a bigamist, while the rest of us around the world were shocked and have been treated badly ever since.
Try again if you would please, unless Justin wants to speak for himself, which is what I came here for, to get it from the horse's mouth. I want to hear the accused speak for himself, not just listen to the accusers.
smiley - towelNerd42

Hidden

Post 13

Researcher 524695

I'm not attacking Justin. Are you?

Apart from anything else, since he'd unsubscribed from the conversation before I made my first post, and attack on him here would surely have been misplaced.

My intention was to answer the question he had, as is his way, rudely ignored. I shall attempt to do so again.

Hidden

Post 14

Researcher 524695

Justin rejects the idea of "denomination". Denominations are for religions, and he wants nothing to do with religion.

Religion is something you DO, something ABOUT God.

What Justin has is not a philosophy, or a belief, or a religion.

What Justin has is a personal relationship with God. He KNOWS God, personally. God speaks to Justin, and through Justin. Justin hears his voice, every day. To Justin, this is being a Christian - knowing Christ, personally, and by extension being capable of living a life without sin. Anything else, regardless of what it calls itself, is Satanism.

Beside this personal relationship with God, what is a "religion", Mormon, Catholic, Buddhist or pagan? They're all equally pointless nonsense disconnected from God, something men have made up because they don't know God personally.

God requires Justin to tell everyone, at every opportunity, that he (Justin) knows God, and that anyone who doesn't is going to Hell after they die, and the lake of fire on Judgement day.

He has made it very, very clear, repeatedly, that there is nothing you can do to become a Christian. No amount of believing helps, no amount of reading the Bible or praying or feeding the hungry or healing the sick. Good works count for nothing. God must "author faith" in you.

The ONLY way you can become a Christian such as Justin is to be born again of the Holy Spirit. This is ONLY possible if God chooses you personally - and he doesn't choose everyone. He "authors faith" in only a very, very few. Justin is unclear on just how many - he used to claim that about 1% of British people were Christians (about 600,000 people), but just lately for reasons he refuses to explain that estimate has been halved. I have speculated that half the Christians in the country must have died in the last few months, since Justin's knowledge comes direct from God and cannot be in error, and once you're a Christian such as Justin and have heard God speak directly to you, there must surely be no possibility of conversion to something else. He has been silent on this matter - indeed he has assiduously ignored everything I and others have asked him about it.

He has never, despite repeated questioning from at least a dozen people, given any indication of the criteria God uses to choose people. We can infer from Justin's own words that God does not mind if you are a sinner - Justin himself, sin-free Christian that he now is, came to his relationship with God after having been a lying, hypocritical, fornicating, adulterous alcoholic. So behaviour that humans would find disgusting and repugnant is no bar to being chosen. However, there is no way that you can ask God to choose you - he either will, or won't, and your actions are irrelevant.

If you are not chosen, come the day of Judgement God will enact a sick charade, where you are drawn out from Hell to stand before him, and as you stand before him he will ask you no questions. In full foreknowledge of the answer, he will only ask one of his angels whether your name appears in the book of life. It does not of course, and having satisfied his sadistic streak by offering a moment's hope to a tortured soul, he will cast you into the lake of fire where you will burn for eternity.

This is your punishment for not having been chosen by him - despite having had no control over whetherr he did so. Glorious justice and mercy, indeed, to quote Justin's current personal space title.

I hope this helps explain Justin's life. He has no denomination, no religion. He KNOWS God.

Hidden

Post 15

Insight

BTW, Jehovah's Witness has two 'h's.

Hidden

Post 16

Mal

I, probably incorrectly, assume that Member is actually Hoo. But whomever, I thank you for your summary of Justin's ideas; I've asked him about several of those things a few times, and he's just assumed I'm attacking him, or about to attack him, and started evangelising or just left.

Hidden

Post 17

Fathom

Member clearly is not Hoo. One of his requests was for a free-to-use simple image editing application. Hoo would have found that for himself on the net (and case probably has Photoshop 7 at home).

As for Justin's experience of God: "if you talk to God you are pious, if God talks to you you're schizophrenic". Justin's description of his previous history lends itself to a similar conclusion. Justin needs our sympathy, not ridicule, and should be encouraged to seek medical help. Real life for Justin must be a nightmare if he encounters the same responses he gets on here.

F

Hidden

Post 18

minniemouse

i am also a christian and a bible basher.lol.it is hard having 2 defend ur faith from non christians imho.some people can be very rude.also it is harder in a chatroom cuz theres no tone of voice.

Hidden

Post 19

Mal

I don't condone rudery, or buffoonerismaticism, of course, but if you don't want to or can't defend your faith, then either don't hold it or don't mention it to people. Obviously it's difficult for me to sympathise with, since I attack all faiths (including atheism) equally, but common etiquette applies, no matter how much you disagree.

Fathom; I agree with you about Justin (except perhaps about encouraging him to seek medical help - he may actually just be in the throes of faith, and if not, he's not hurting anyone so it should remain his choice), and if anything I said came across sarcastic, it wasn't meant to be.
And it's only that Member has the same writing style as Hoo, but I guess you know more about both of them.

Hidden

Post 20

minniemouse

yes.i agree. or should i say amen?lol. in this day and age i dont find discrimination helps so what do you call descrimination against faith?atheism or something else?

Key: Complain about this post