This is the Message Centre for Atlantic_Cable

Star Trek Project Questions

Post 1

Arisztid Lugosi

well you asked for sugestions so here i go. i only have one. i think it would be great if there was a place people could og to get star trek scripts, i dont know how that ties in with the plagirism you mentioned.i know there are places you can get scripts of the movies on the internet and some places even have have scripts of television shows for example blck adder. i would like to voulenteer to make a list of star trek tng and tos books available, but i dont know it thats the kind of thing you want on your page. i checked out starfleet academy and i want you to know i think its a wonderful idea, but i couldnt seem to read antthing but one course i think it was on time travel or something.

Post 2

Atlantic_Cable

The list of books is an excellent idea.

If you would like to write a course for the Academy, you can submit it and get yourself a teaching job. smiley - smiley
I am still working on it, but it is quite a challenge as you can imagine.

As to the scripts, I think that would be against h2g2's policy on plagarism, which is a shame as its a good idea.

Post 3

Arisztid Lugosi

oh good. i wonder if you could tell me how to go about writing the book list? i dont even know where to write it... too bad about the scripts. i may be tempted to write somesort fo Romulan history or sonething

Post 4

Atlantic_Cable

Well there are several way I can think of.

To start with, I'd seperate TOS from TNG.

You could write it as a straight list, or put potted plots beside each book.

You could also clump series together, like "The Genesis Wave", although this might get complicated as it straddles TOS & TNG.

Best practice is to give it a go, and if you don't like how it looks, you can always re-arrange it.

I'm always on hand for advice or help if you need it. smiley - smiley

Post 5

Arisztid Lugosi

umm okay, i need halp already....
i tryed to start a new conversation on the startrek project page but i couldnt find the not for review box. however i hvae one of those little check boxes when i click the add guide entry button on my space... should i use that? and if so do i have to type it all at once or is there some way to save it and come back?
thank for your help, by the way i'd like to aapply for a position teaching at starfleet academy. it may take me a while to write up a course on romulan history but i intend to do it, and as quickly as possible. right after i try my hand at this list...

Post 6

Atlantic_Cable

Ok, click on "Add Entry"

It should give you a new page. Add a title and write your entry in the main box.

Under this are two buttons

"Preview"
"Add entry"

Then "Not for review"

Check the not for review, type some stuff, then click "Add entry"

The entry will be displayed, and on the right hand side, near the top, will be "Edit entry"

This takes you back to the page where you can type and the "Add entry" button is replaced with "Update entry"

This is how you save something and come back to it.

When you have finished it, let me know the A number

(It's in the address bar or your internet browser"

Hope this helps.

smiley - smiley

Post 7

Arisztid Lugosi

thank you so much
if my internet doesnt break down then the list should be comming allong shortly. a for the research article on romulans, is that somting you'd like taught at the starfleet academy? i hope so i've started researching alrady...

Post 8

Atlantic_Cable

Yes, excellent idea. Let me know when tyou are finished writing it. smiley - smiley

Post 9

Arisztid Lugosi

help!
i've finished the booklist but it doesnt want to mak it a list for me it seems to want to make it into a big paragraph insted of making it took like the list i have it written out as...
can you help me fix this?

Post 10

Arisztid Lugosi

also i dont think the romulan history proff. thing will be ready till the end of june maybe a little later. i'm in school right now and a little busy. if when i go on my yearly road trip i can get a laptop to take with me it should definately be ready by the end of june.

Post 11

Atlantic_Cable

Don't worry about any delay, just take your time.

As for the list, I'm not sure what would be best.

Perhaps if you made the list vertical using the tags at the end of lines and split TOS and TNG into two articles?

Alternatively, you could use a bulletted list.

If you use the Brunel skin, it gives you buttons to do this easily.

If not, use:

And this will do the job for you.

Post 12

Arisztid Lugosi

thanks!
im still alittle confused... if i need more help i'll ask.

Post 13

Arisztid Lugosi

A2608292
theres the star trek tng and tos book lists.
hope you like it

Post 14

Atlantic_Cable

That's great. Thanks! smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Atlantic_Cable

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more