A Conversation for The Rolling Rock Ranch

Lil's Journal

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

If it wasn't for Floradora I'd have gone quite mad yesterday, just from itching. I smell faintly of tarsoap now, but anything is better than fleas!

I almost thought I was going to be freed yesterday, but Affi didn't recognise my whisper. And next thing, I was forced to lie down on the rug at gunpoint, and I was rolled up on the rug and slung over a saddle, and taken out of town at a gallop! Good thing I hadn't recently eaten.

But the rug was absolutely full of fleas, as well as hot and filthy. I think the universe was born and died three times before the horse stopped and I was lifted off. When I was finally unrolled from the rug I was sore and dazed and dehydrated, but I still was able to get in a serious kick at the cowboy's shin. I think we was going to say something until he saw the look in my eyes -- there are some things a lady cannot forgive.

Well, Floradora was there and I could tell from her expression that I was a terrible sight. She led me into my new quarters and made sure I had a bath and a meal. After that I slept, I don't know how long. At my bedside was a bottle of calamine lotion, which has greatly soothed my flea bites, and a tea kettle with all the makings. That I am allowed to have boiling water tells me that I will not be allowed near any of my captors except Floradora, whom I know to be blameless in this matter.

All is not well with them -- good! I heard groaning in the next room, and cursing, so I know there are wounded among them. There is no cheer in their voices.

I have a window, but it's barred. I can look out across a grassy meadow where gnus are grazing, to a forest which sweeps away quite majestically to a distant view of the sea. We must be at a very great altitude. And how, I wonder to they come to be in possession of gnus? No doubt they have been gnu-rustling!

Floradora also brought me a book, an excellent choice, Tristram Shandy. No matter how many times I read this book I don't fully understand it...

Lil's Journal

Post 2

Ape

*An Ape sneaks in and with the blunt end of a Banana writes*

Ook Ook Ook Ook [Heulp ... The Celry hez gorn madder'n a coyote in a gin-trap. We'r orl gonner die and end up as pet fud or wall ornaments]

Lil's Journal

Post 3

Floradora Debjello

*has been sleeping in a chair by the prisoner's bed*

Wha? Hey, git outta here you! Can't you see this woman is sick?

*gets up and goes into the next room to make some herbal tea* I don't know what those idiots were thinking of, wrapping her in a filthy carpet full of bugs and germs. I thought the fever would never break, and now here she is in a coma.

*returns to the prisoner's room* If she doesn't wake up, that Celery will be salad when the posse finds out...

Lil's Journal

Post 4

Styx the Rat

*red eyes glowing in closet*

heh heh heh
house is full of holes

*runs up to bed and jumps on pillow*
sniff sniff
Wah! Food Lady sick!

*rummages in backpack and pulls out healthstone, puuls back covers and puts stone in her hand then pulling covers back*

*jumping onto floor*
Now find celery.
*scampers back into closet*

Lil's Journal

Post 5

They left a holographic comm device in the next room!

I have no idea how long I've been ill, what time of day it is or indeed what day of the week -- I awoke a few hours ago to find my healthstone in my fist and no-one around, nothing but a few bananas on the sideboard.

I feel very weak, but I was able to wash and dress and look around the suite, and that's when I found the comm device. Now to contact the atelier!

Lil's Journal

Post 6

Floradora was pleased to see that I had come back to the living, as she put it. The healthstone is so strong a magic that now I feel quite recovered, and I found it necessary to fake weakness while she was here. I noticed that there was another cowboy lingering in the door while she was with me and, for the first time, she was not disposed to linger.

So. I have the healthstone. It's time to go.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more