A Conversation for New York State Fair

Writing Workshop: A754995 - New York State Fair

Post 1

Researcher 194995

Entry: New York State Fair - A754995
Author: Researcher 194995 - U194995

is this entry worthy? Just wondering. I'm new.

A754995 - New York State Fair

Post 2

Researcher 168963

Hello, and welcome to the guide smiley - smiley

Interesting article, and nicely written.

A few comments....
The majority of readers are not American, so watch out for assumptions that they will know the things about America that you see as obvious. What are the Catskills?
Perhaps replace 'barf' with 'vomit'? (from 'barf-inducing rides')

Post 3

Bels - an incurable optimist. A1050986

Seconded.

I'd have liked a bit more detail on the Center of Progress. Sounds like there's scope for some interesting comment there.

Post 4

Researcher 201213

Hi
Being from Fayetteville NY, I went to the fair every year as a child. As a teenager and young adult, I kind of got sick of it. But now I am living in Canada and I miss it soooooooo much. I am taking vacation from work this week so I can go. I am going to have a huge Gianelli sausage sandwich and a bloomin onion and a dinosaur BBQ sandwich..... I will be sick at the end of the day but oh so happy. The only thing I wish you had not mentioned were those waste beds smiley - smiley. If you're not from Syracuse it sounds totally aweful, but in reality you would never know they were there. Besides they are working to clean it all up. One day our children will say this used to be the most polluted lake in the world, can you imagine?

anyway I did like the article!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more