This is the Message Centre for Moose }:8) BOYCOTTING ALL SMILEYS UNTIL YOU GIVE US A MOOSE!!!(the first to own a conceptual spork!!!)

bushfires

Post 61

Moose }:8) BOYCOTTING ALL SMILEYS UNTIL YOU GIVE US A MOOSE!!!(the first to own a conceptual spork!!!)

sounds good to me!

bushfires

Post 62

Wejut - Sage of Slightly Odd Occurrences and Owlatron's Australian Thundercat

Come on Moose, you know you'd miss the dust and the 45 degree heat and the sunburnt country and the sweeping plains and the rugged mountain ranges and the drought and flooding rains....
Damn that's starting to sound familiar smiley - laugh
smiley - magic

bushfires

Post 63

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

not to mention the accents and the lingo smiley - winkeye

bushfires

Post 64

Moose }:8) BOYCOTTING ALL SMILEYS UNTIL YOU GIVE US A MOOSE!!!(the first to own a conceptual spork!!!)

no, i wouldn't. i hate the dust, i hate droughts. the accents are the worst on the planet and i like english slang much better.

bushfires

Post 65

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

i must say i enjoy a good english accent, or even better, scottish.

bushfires

Post 66

yes. i love scottish accents!smiley - wow
quite like kiwi accents too...

bushfires

Post 67

smiley - biggrin

go on then, who's your fav. scottish actor (or other scottish person where you've heard their accent)?

i watched this glaswegian movie recently that had subtitles smiley - laugh

bushfires

Post 68

Ythika the purple giraffe - Minister for Unusual Musical Instruments

Hi,
to go back a few topics... for those not in the know, we are being "threatened" with water restrictions for years to come. I am sure that I have actually heard as many as ten years. Incredibly scary isn't it but nowhere near as bad as it is for the people in surrounding towns who are on restrictions so tight that they can only use water inside the house. The only water for gardens is to be recycle, such as from showers, baths and washing clothes or dishes.

My daughter got a paddling pool for Christmas. She may be too big to use it before we are allowed to fill it!

YPG

bushfires

Post 69

i'd heard that syndey was approaching permanent water restrictions. its probably about time though. humans are incredibly wasteful of natural resources. the technology exists to 'save' lots of water by retrofitting or building new systems that reuse water. its just there is little political will for this. thats why it takes natural disasters to prompt people to do it. however it doesn't have to get that uncomfortable - it would be so much better for all if people got on board before things reached crisis point.

don't forget australia invented permaculture which is a fantastic system for learning how to live within natural means >and< have human wellbeing.

bummer about your daughter. it'll probably be a significant childhood memory...'i remember the year they brought in permanent water restrictions - i got a paddling pool for xmas and couldn't use it. can you imagine, people used to just turn the hose and let it run, what were they thinking!'

kea
smiley - bat

bushfires

Post 70

wooho! permanent water restrictions!

bushfires

Post 71

hey Moose *waves*. haven't seen you for a while. i hear birthday greetings are in order.

smiley - cakesmiley - bubbly

hope you had a good one smiley - smiley

bushfires

Post 72

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Just think how much water we'd save if we all drank smiley - redwine or smiley - ale

Water is just for washing in and if you don't w*rk too hard, you don't sweat so you don't have to wash so often smiley - laugh

smiley - cheers

bushfires

Post 73

Platypus 2

Happy Birthday smiley - chocsmiley - cakesmiley - gift

bushfires

Post 74

ANd a Hoopy Burpday from me too !!!!

smiley - gift

Have an smiley - ale to save the water

smiley - cheers

bushfires

Post 75

don't you find the hops a bit dry and crumbly without the water? smiley - winkeye

bushfires

Post 76

smiley - tongueout

bushfires

Post 77

that would be you with a dry mouth and tongue hanging out i suppose...

smiley - laugh

smiley - winkeye

bushfires

Post 78

Ythika the purple giraffe - Minister for Unusual Musical Instruments

a late happy birthyday from me too, I hope you had a great time.
more smiley - cake and smiley - bubbly

bushfires

Post 79

thanx all...smiley - blush

Key: Complain about this post

bushfires

More Conversations for Moose }:8) BOYCOTTING ALL SMILEYS UNTIL YOU GIVE US A MOOSE!!!(the first to own a conceptual spork!!!)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more