This is the Message Centre for psychocandy-moderation team leader

I've had enough

Post 1

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Under no circumstances will I be posting any further journal updates until the move from the BBC is complete. Most of you subscribed to my journal know how to get in touch offline. Please feel free. I'll see you around in the meanwhile.

I've had enough

Post 2

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

that was weird! I've sent you a message - in the meantime have a smiley - hug

*throws smiley - tomato at the system*

I've had enough

Post 3

Thanks, Lanza. I've C&P-ed the journal entry from the moderation email to a reply to your message (and forwarded via email to a few others).

I've emailed the eds and the mods, so we'll see what they say, but that was very smiley - weird.

But smiley - hugs are always nice, and appreciated. And reciprocated!! smiley - hugsmiley - hug

I'm not flouncing or anything... just not going to waste any more free time with such a goofy moderation system intact. Will continue to reply to existing stuff but take a break from new journals.

I'm both smiley - cross and smiley - zen. I'd like to throw a smiley - tomato and some smiley - flan,

I've had enough

Post 4

van-smeiter

I log on for the first time in who knows how long and this is at the top of my convo list. Love it smiley - biggrin

Technical issues aside, I hope you're doing smiley - magic PC smiley - kiss

I've had enough

Post 5

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

smiley - huh

I *do* so hate it when things happen after I've gone to bed smiley - steam

Keep watching PC, it won't be for much longer smiley - hug

lil x

I've had enough

Post 6

Ivan the Terribly Average

smiley - lurk

Gosh, I miss all the fun. See you on email!

I've had enough

Post 7

I'll be following Ask and everyone's journals, just not putting the effort into starting any new ones of my own, until we're set up with the new teams.

Sent an email to the mods, and the eds, to ask what could possibly have offended anyone in that post, and haven't yet been extended the courtesy of a reply. Not that I'd edit it, just that it'd be nice to know what the issue was. Morbid curiosity, really.

I've had enough

Post 8

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

In times gone by, I had posts and journals go for the same reasons. None that apply, and even following procedures for queries, never got an answer. I haven't triple-proof-read yours for any single key word, but by content I saw nada wrong with it.

I've had enough

Post 9

Someone has been kind enough to suggest a couple of things that, while innocuous to reasonable people, might set off someone with a hair trigger.

I'm not going to fret about it- at the end of the day, it's just a web site (and my ramblings aren't all that interesting anyway smiley - winkeye).

Looking forward to the big move even more now, though.

I've had enough

Post 10

The idea of treating animals humanely and not eating them is the only aspect that I could find that might even border on that. And such a reason would be just silly! I eat many previously alive critters, but would personally never consider drowing live things in my belly acids (read as oysters and the like)

It's all so very arbitrary at the moment.

I've had enough

Post 11

As an aside, I actually know a couple of vegetarians who allow themselves oysters because they don't have nervous systems. I guess everyone has their lines in the sand. I draw mine at any sort of exploitation. But the thing is that I didn't mention it to spark debate about the topic- just a couple quick sentences about how pleased I am that zoos which participate in conservation programs have even been able to reintroduce species which were extinct in the wild. That kind of thing.

What would be odd about that is that I've seen posts in h2g2 threads that reference organizations which actually advocate *for* violence and cruelty toward animals, and mindless killing of them, and none of those posts have broken any rules, so I'm sure it's not that.

I'm not going to get all worked up about one removed journal, though. I have enough going on today to aggravate me, as it is. smiley - winkeye

I've had enough

Post 12

There is absolutely no telling what's happening these days with moderation. I'm sorry it is frustrating. smiley - tea?

I've had enough

Post 13

*slurps tea*

I'm not as frustrated as I might sound in type. It's irritating, but not the end of the world.

I've had enough

Post 14

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

Since I'm (as usual) off-and-on, I was not aware of the original journal post that seems to have caused this, but wanted to share my sympathy nonetheless. smiley - smiley

I've had enough

Post 15

No worries, she was just slagging off every foreign person outside of her piece of the US of A.

'hee hee'

I've had enough

Post 16

(Actually PC was not, she was simply on about temps and things local, and some of the fine times out they got during breaks in the heat)

I've had enough

Post 17

Yeah, and I used a horribly offensive euphemism for the word "poo", so the entire post was removed. smiley - silly

It's not worth the effort of reposting, as it really was just a ramble about playing outdoors and stuff, nothing terribly enlightening.

I'll resume posting journals from the new site for sure, in the meantime I'll just comment on everyone else's. smiley - smiley

I've had enough

Post 18

I told ya, never use that most offensive word for 'pooh', even friendly chat. It sours peoples and relations and cr@p.

Key: Complain about this post