This is the Message Centre for psychocandy-moderation team leader

This amused me (PC)

Post 1

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Earlier today, I stumbled across this little "entertainment news" tidbit:

http://pitchfork.com/news/39998-lou-reed-makes-susan-boyle-cry/

Seminal artist- of at least demigod status in the pantheon of great music- makes wretched shrieking harridan cry.

I love it!! smiley - rofl

This amused me (PC)

Post 2

Rev Nick

Awww.

Or not. I was never that fussed of what I heard or saw of her to begin with.

This amused me (PC)

Post 3

van-smeiter

smiley - laugh I saw a headline that she hadn't been able to do something because the original artist hadn't wanted her to but I didn't read the article so had no idea Mr Reed was involved. This is fantastic news. I hope more artists pay attention to the small print when signing away the rights to songs. If she writes a song anywhere near as good as one of his worst then I may have some sympathy but she never will.

"Seminal artist- of at least demigod status in the pantheon of great music- makes wretched shrieking harridan cry."

Best headline I've read in years. You've made me happy, PC smiley - cheers

Van (still smiley - laugh)

This amused me (PC)

Post 4

Christopher

Does she realise it's about heroin?

This amused me (PC)

Post 5

Probably not. She's probably not even ever heard of Lou Reed till she was refused the rights to his song.

I've never heard any of her actual songs- just a few unfortunate moments of her godawful caterwauling- but I've heard her songwriting is even worse than her actual singing.

It makes me happy when artists refuse to license their songs to just anyone. Even for karaoke. Hell, especially karaoke! smiley - winkeye Also artists like David Byrne who refuse to license their music for commercials/ advertising. smiley - ok

This amused me (PC)

Post 6

ismarah - fuelled by M&Ms

Actually, she'll have heard the song - in about 1997 in was covered as a charity single in the UK for 'Children in Need' and it was everywhere. Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson both participated and each sung a line.

La Boyle will have heard it at least then, if not before or since. Whether she'd know it was by LR, I wouldn't hazard a guess.

This amused me (PC)

Post 7

Christopher

Denied

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/2010/09/11/2010-09-11_lou_reed_denies_pulling_the_plug_on_susan_boyles_americas_got_talent_performance.html

This amused me (PC)

Post 8

I was happier when he told the talentless old cow to eff off. smiley - winkeye

This amused me (PC)

Post 9

Malabarista - now with added pony

Interesting that there are two entirely opposite journals on this.

F2130683?thread=7747658

This amused me (PC)

Post 10

A weird coincidence- especially as I don't know the other researcher. And because I don't read a lot of my ISP's "entertainment news", as it's usually the latest antics of that idiot Lady Gaga. I can't comment on that one's talent or lack thereof, as I've never heard her, but I doubt I'm missing anything. A co-worker sent me a link to that bit because he likes the Velvet Underground too, and thought I'd be amused.

It is interesting, though, that there are some people who listen to that awful Boyle woman on purpose, and enjoy it. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for psychocandy-moderation team leader

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more