A Conversation for H2G2 Bookworms Club

Fantastic!

Post 1

Miss quixotic

I believe this to be a somewhat necessary and advantageously concise website, the titled literature is undoubtedly well reviewed and I wholeheartedly praise your works.

Fantastic!

Post 2

Z

smiley - blush thanks a lot for your kind words, all the links are to edited guide entries so they're all thanks to other researchers hard work nothing to do with us at all. This is just here to join them all together.

Do stay a while and have fun!

Fantastic!

Post 3

Pinwheel Pearl, GURU, Post Book Reviewer, Muse of Japanese Maples and Owlatron's Thundercat

Can I do a bit of self publicising? The nice thing about this website is that it's based around, among other things, a book, you can talk about other books (as here) and you can post up your own stories, hence the beginning question. Mine are at A773165 and A770906. Please leave comments, and it's lovely to hear someone being nice about h2g2, I've not so long ago had a friend on here be subjected to a torrent of abuse about this site. Shameful!

Fantastic!

Post 4

Z

Really I've always found h2g3 to be a friendly place or maybe I'm just lucky. I'v added a reader's writting section to the page with links to both you're entries, so I hope that's plugged a bit more for you.

Fantastic!

Post 5

Pinwheel Pearl, GURU, Post Book Reviewer, Muse of Japanese Maples and Owlatron's Thundercat

h2g3? Where's that then?smiley - winkeye

Thankyou for the link, I'm purring like the smiley - cat that got the smiley - cappuccino (they didn't have a cream smiley)!

Fantastic!

Post 6

h2g3? Where's that then?smiley - winkeye

Thankyou for the link, I'm purring like the smiley - cat that got the smiley - cappuccino (they didn't have a cream smiley)!

Fantastic!

Post 7

Z

LOL, I can't type OR spell so maybe that should be part of my name!

Fantastic!

Post 8

You'll be like Emmily, a supreme error maker!

Fantastic!

Post 9

Catwoman

I can't see anyone who actually uses h2g2 subjecting anyone to a 'torrent of abuse', reason being that they wouldn't be using it for much longer. (see little face-shaped button at bottom of post).

I love typos, they make life much more interesting.

Fantastic!

Post 10

Well, let's just say the researcher was a bit more mean than she needed to be. Couldn't quite get the hang of what a true conversation entails. Still, enough of my moaning, any new researchers might be put off!smiley - martiansmile

Fantastic!

Post 11

Catwoman

Well I hope that the wrath of the Italics was visited upon her!
God-like beings that they are.

Fantastic!

Post 12

Linda had a word and explained the wonders of h2g2, whether it had any effect I'm not too sure...smiley - smiley

Fantastic!

Post 13

Catwoman

Was the word to the effect of 'be nice or we throw you out' sort?

Or am I too sensitive to the tales of over-enthusiastic moderators that I've heard?

Fantastic!

Post 14

No, she just explained that there are lots of lovely and people and things on here, it was all very civilised.smiley - smiley

Fantastic!

Post 15

Catwoman

There's lots of lovely? Where? All I see is slightly odd people with too much time on their hands.
smiley - weird

Errr, I guess I'll have to include myself in that category also.
smiley - blush

Fantastic!

Post 16

Who you calling slightly odd? I'll have you know I'm very odd. *Totters off feeling insulted*smiley - winkeye

Fantastic!

Post 17

Catwoman

I think the average must be slightly-to-noticeably odd. smiley - weirdsmiley - biggrin

Fantastic!

Post 18

Don't be pedanticsmiley - winkeye!

Fantastic!

Post 19

Catwoman

Well some people are very odd, a very few must be reasonably normal, and the rest would have to be just that bit more smiley - weird than the usual person in the real world.

So the average would be somewhere between slightly odd and noticeably odd. But people tend to be insulted if they're only a teensy bit weird and you say they're really wacko, so it's best to underestimate.

Fantastic!

Post 20

I see. That was a very good explanation. Tempted to see what entry's you've written now. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more