A Conversation for Jaberwocky and Lord of the Rings.

Lord of the Rings

Post 1

Ac-1D

DID YOU KNOw they are filming the movie trilogy in New Zealand? Peter Jackson (NZ director of the Frighteners, Braindead, Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles) is making it. It will be very cool. Hopefully I'll get to be an extra in some of the battle scenes. . .

Lord of the Rings

Post 2

Imaldris

Thats crazy. Wow. How do you get to be an extra. I want to be an extra. Have you read Lord of the Rings?? If you have then you might know where I came up with my name...:0 Good luck on being an extra! I always like being extra.

Lord of the Rings

Post 3

Pink

WOW, that's going to be a must see. I'd love to be an extra also, but I don't think that I would be able to ge to New Zealand. smiley - sadface

However I sometimes think making movies from book is a bad idea. Espically if it is a fantasy. They are never able to get in all the finer details and it takes away from how you always pictured the characters and land scapes and other things like that. But then again I do find it interesting to see what someone else's view of the story is.

Geez, I'm kind of all over the place here eh? Hehe. Maybe I should think about this topic a bit more. smiley - smiley

Lord of the Rings

Post 4

Imaldris

right said, pink.
I could never pass up watching a movie about lotr. But ill always love the books better,smiley - smiley

Lord of the Rings

Post 5

Pink

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. smiley - smiley

Lord of the Rings

Post 6

Ac-1D

It probably won't be as good but they do have a big budget, and Peter Jackson is really finnicky about details (although most of his previous movies have been lo budget except the frighteners).

Lord of the Rings

Post 7

Imaldris

Sorry! anywho....The cartoon versions aren't too bad. There are like 3 of them, i think. The voices are very annoying but the animation is great. A normal movie version would probably just flop on the screen. No one likes really likes fantasy movies. (escpecially if it doesnt get any exposure.) Still a sick idea.

Lord of the Rings

Post 8

Imaldris

Oh, and do you know who will be playing any of the main characters?perhaps?

Lordy

Post 9

Ac-1D

Well NZ has done Okay with fantasy in the past (Hercules and Xena) and obviously with a bigger budget and a better director there is a lot of potential, but it remains to be seen.

I don't know who the bigwigs will be in the movie, but they are filming the Hobbiton scenes at the moment in the Waikato just near where I grew up and they are advertising for short extras. My second cousin looks exactly like a hobbit and I think she's going to go for it. (unfortunately I missed out on the Hobbit genes but hopefully I'll get to wave a sword shaped stick and run up and down a paddock yelling at the top of my lungs)!!

PS. did you know that Elrond is named after L Ron Hubbard, Sci Fi writer, creator of Scientology and friend of JRR Tolkien. Another piece of handy trivia.

Lordy

Post 10

Pink

I hope you get to be in it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for the piece of trivia, it is handy. smiley - smiley

Lordy

Post 11

Imaldris

Pretty awesome, What an awesome thing to have in your repetoire. "I was in the lord of the rings the movie", very impressive. Some people have all the luck!

Lordy

Post 12

Pink

You got that right, why not share some of your luck with us Ac-1D. smiley - smiley

Luck

Post 13

Ac-1D

I don't know about luck, but come on over to NZ and I'll give you all the pot you can smoke!!!!

Luck

Post 14

Imaldris

That sounds like a winner!!!! SMOKE!!!! ill be on the next aeroplane out.

cool!!

Post 15

Ac-1D

okay, I'll put the knives on the element!

try these:
http://www.throneworld.com/personal/lotr/lotr.html
http://members.tripod.com/~peter_jackson_online/main.htm
http://www.wetafx.co.nz/

Luck

Post 16

Pink

Ok, sounds like a plan. Sounds like some luck comming my way. I'll be right over. Wait a minute ... how will we find you? smiley - smiley

LUCKY...wish i was

Post 17

Imaldris

i'll have to flag down a spaceship or something to get to NZ, must smoke!! anywho, me and pink will just be wandering the streets in nz asking for a dude named acid.

good websites

Post 18

Imaldris

oh, nice info on those web pages, but elijah wood playing frodo, that may be a little absurd, but eh, whatever. Wow im excited now after 2000 i'll get to (hopefully) watch the lotr movies!!! yea...

I'm easy to find!!!

Post 19

Ac-1D

There are only 4 million people here I shouldn't be that hard to find. If I was a sheep however, I'd be a lot harder to pick out since we have 80 million of them.

Anyway I'm the unkempt looking individual with the bloodshot eyes and psychedelic space age fashion sense. Or I'm one of those. Oh wait am I still an individual if there are more than one? I don't feel collective at all. Perhaps the others are just doppelgangers!!

the knives are getting very red!!

I'm easy to find!!!

Post 20

Imaldris

now you are ready to operate, your knives have become sterile!!!!!!!!!!!!! nznznznzznznznznznz. i dont know why i did that my brain has a horrrible manifestation sometimes, i cant control myself....

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jaberwocky and Lord of the Rings.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more