This is the Message Centre for Lady Scott

Guess what I found at Wallyworld today?

Post 1

Lady Scott

I was wandering around in Walmart today, just picking up odds and ends (which everyone seems to need lots of), and just happened to come across something called...

...wait for it...

...Ready?

Ok, here goes...

Blue Goo Cracked Heel Skin Softener!

smiley - laugh

I kid you not!

Nice stuff too, smells good, and has emu oil in it.

We'll see how good it really is, since I just put some on my rough, dry feet.smiley - biggrin

*reads label again*

smiley - erm

Uh-oh. I didn't notice it also has lanolin in it - I'm allergic to lanolin!smiley - yikes

*smiley - run to wash off smiley - footprints*

Post 2

Avenging Washcloth, An unhurried sense of time is, in itself, a form of wealth.

*wonders how they drill an emu to strike oil*

smiley - erm

Post 3

Evil Roy: Maestro of the Thingite Orchestra, Knight Errant of the Thingite Cause, Prince of Balwyniti, Aussie Researchers A59204

Emu oil? They dare to desecrate an animal which stands on one side of the Aussissippian Coat of Arms? Next they'll be eating kangaroo, smiley - erm much as we do, which is the animal on the *other* side of the Aussissippian Coat of Arms!

Incidentally, it's an interesting and completely trivial fact that neither the emu or the kangaroo can take a backward step..... which pretty much means that the Aussissippian Coat of Arms is eventually gonna get crushed.

smiley - winkeyesmiley - musicalnote

Post 4

Lady Scott

And I may not be able to take a step backwards (or forwards, for that matter) if I don't go wash this stuff off now!

smiley - run

Post 5

Shea the Sarcastic

Don't run! smiley - yikes You've got cream on your heels! smiley - yikes

smiley - run______________________________________________________smiley - zzz

That's gotta hurt ...

Post 6

Lady Scott

I put some of the shea butter stuff on them from Bath and Body Works. They call it...

...wait for it...

...Ready?

...(what do you mean, "Why are we doing *this* again?" Just play along, ok?)

... Ok, are you ready?

.... Ok, here goes....

Shea it Isn't So!

Post 7

Shea the Sarcastic

smiley - rofl

I'm pleased you think of me when you use it ... just as I think of you when I use a plastic smiley - spork! smiley - laugh

Post 8

I sincerely hope that none of you think of me whist washing your nether regions. smiley - tongueout

Post 9

Lady Scott

I do indeed think of Shea every time I use the Shea it Isn't So foot cream.

smiley - ermBut I rarely use a washcloth for anything any more. I mean a *real* one, not *you*, AW.

Post 10

Shea the Sarcastic

My washcloth has never been overly avenging, so no, can't say I do ... smiley - tongueout

Post 11

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

'Blue Goo'? It makes me think of the stuff for putting posters on walls - er, Blu Tak, that's it...

(It actually leaves nasty greasy marks on wallpaper. smiley - sadface)

Post 12

<>

No, don't worry! smiley - laugh

Post 13

Lady Scott

Classic Goo is one of the skins you can choose to use on here.

For us old-timers, it's often the *only* skin we'll use! smiley - biggrin

As the saying goes...

Goo is Blue!
Blue is Goo!

Post 14

redpeckhamthegreatpompomwithnobson

smiley - wow that's a shock after all this time. I thought Avenging's name referred ro a washing up cloth that we use for the dishes. For the body we call it a flannel

That stuff would have come in very handy after I got back from Oz kast year. It took me nigh on 3 or 4 months to get rid of a leathery sole that had grown on my foot after all the walking we did in the outback

Post 15

Classic Goo is fun, but I like (and use) Brunel... It's a pretty green.

How *do* you deal with cracked heels? I always get them in summer, as I hate wearing shoes. smiley - teasmiley - cake

Post 16

Lady Scott

Oh I thought you already knew that what you call a flannel, we call a washcloth! smiley - doh

There's lots of other things that are called something different... and somewhere around here, there's a list of them. smiley - erm I just don't remember where right now though.

I guess my feet have gotten so bad lately because the weather has gotten warmer, so I'm not wearing actual shoes most of the time, I'm either barefoot or wear flip flops. And then there's all that time I spend in the highly caustic pool water, which really dries them out.

So I do a lot of soaking, pumicing, and lotioning, and they're slowly getting better.

Post 17

In America, a washcloth *is* what you would call a flannel in England. smiley - laugh What you call a washcloth, we call a rag. My intention was to be viewed as a smallish towel, in keeping with the Hitchhiker spirit of things, not some sort of steenking filth wiper. smiley - tongueout

Post 18

redpeckhamthegreatpompomwithnobson

smiley - laugh

Post 19

In NZ we call it a flannel, as well, at least my Mum did...

All this discussion of 'steenking filth wipers' smiley - laugh has put me off my smiley - cake

Post 20

Evil Roy: Maestro of the Thingite Orchestra, Knight Errant of the Thingite Cause, Prince of Balwyniti, Aussie Researchers A59204

::munches smiley - donuts::

Oooo, if you don't want it can I have your smiley - cake?

smiley - winkeyesmiley - musicalnote

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Lady Scott

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more