A Conversation for Mostly Harmless MC- The H2G2 Motorcycle Club

No Subject

Post 21

andyd-185

a triumph scrambler's more useful, if your willing to get it dirty, and if Steve McQueen can get it dirty, so can i. smiley - cool

(or was that a triumph tiger)

No Subject

Post 22

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi not been on much ill health.
-
you could always threaten you mum, you are thinking of getting a sinclair c5, lol, i think the bike would be rethought out smiley - roflsmiley - dragon jimbob

No Subject

Post 23

andyd-185

i don't think i would risk threatening to get a c5 in case the idea caught on.

another idea of course is to get Peel P50 Bubble Car smiley - cool

sorry to hear about your ill health, i hope you're better now.

No Subject

Post 24

hi i was just joking, lol
-
the health wont be better, this cold and wet weather will be bad for me, bad back and mild angina.
-
and now ive sinus problems, not helping the breathing.
-
i saw on tv the other night, a new type of folding bike, with motor, didnt get the name.
-
i had a shared, 350cc norton, and royal enfield when i was younger.
-
didnt get on them much, for some reasonn im usless at the up and down gears. never had a car,did drive a landrover, on the army camp at strensil in the 60,s but was usless and nearly crashed the doors to the mt sheds. lol.
-
why not go for a small car like a trabant, its only a lawnmower type engine. or a mini.smiley - dragon jimbob

No Subject

Post 25

andyd-185

when it comes to cars it doesn't tend to be the price of the car that matters, its the insurance, especially for me, an 18 year old male, who is a student, with no no-claims.

The insurance companies these days have got us where it hurts, and they're tightening their grip.smiley - wah

A job is what i really need, more than anything else, i really want one in the electrical industry, what with studying electrical engineering and electrical installation smiley - cool; but its touch-and-go at the moment.smiley - erm

No Subject

Post 26

hi
-
the trabant is a car, with an engine thats ony on a par with a lawnmower, i think it was from the days of the berlin wall going down.
-
i dont think they cost much, easy to maintain,and low milage and insurance.
-
where you will find one i have no idae, there is a man, that as over 30 of them was on a programe. check out the internet.
-
arnt three wheelers, like reliants low on insurnace as well
-
smiley - dragon jimbob

No Subject

Post 27

the trabant
-
A21605410

No Subject

Post 28

andyd-185

lol, you've got to be joking. you don't know much about modern teenagers if you think one's gonna' drive around in that trabant smiley - laugh. it wouldn't be much use on the A512.

plus i might get there drier in a relient, than on a bike, but i wouldn't get there quicker, and there is always the risk of breaking down in a relient (and of rolling over). smiley - laugh

besides the occasional use of a 2.0 ford mondeo is far better than constant use of a reliant, or a trabant. smiley - cool

No Subject

Post 29

hi
-
if you read the guide you will see, you cant use a trabant on our roads for long, the emisions wouldnt pass the test, lol
-
thats why i added the guide, AFTER i wrote the first message lol.
-
if a reliants ok, for delboy and my mate had one, whats a bit of wind lol.
-
smiley - dragon. jimbob

No Subject

Post 30

andyd-185

well i'm not surprised it won't be used over here, not only would the emissions be worse than a rugby team on curry night smiley - laugh, but it's body is made out of wool/cotton and glue.

at least when it stalled on a hill it would be easy to push.

No Subject

Post 31

hi
-
when i was your age in 1966, i was just going in the army, because of mothers heart problems it was short lived, so after a few months back home, my mother picked up, so i decided to leave home, and try on my own.
-
im not saying leave home, but you are old enough to go for what you want, whatever you get a trabant, a three wheeler or whatever, you mum will still worry about everytime your late home. thats how mothers are.
-
but if you are going to uni, then you must have the sence to not ake chances, have a one to one with your mother.
-
use the old addage, if you ride a pushbike, motorbike, or walk across the street,its still the same odds, fate will get you, one way or the other when it wants.
-
my mother didnt care if i climbed on a roof and jumped down, as long as i could still work, and tip up, i never saw my wage, from the age of 15 to 19, i had to get a secret job, to get a part share in a royal enfield,smiley - dragon jimbob

No Subject

Post 32

andyd-185

a secret job, was that just to prevent your mum from taking all of your money, to me that seems almost cruel on your mothers part.

A few of my friends get something called EMA, where, in-a-nutshell, they get paid up to £30 for going to school. you only get this if you're in full time education, and if your parents collectively earn less than a certain amount of money. so when i was washing vans down at my local auto-spares shop, they where sitting on their computers watching an extra £30 appear in their bank balance.

i had to work to pay for my driving lessons, my mate had the government pay for his.

If EMA should go to anyone, it should go to the parents to be made useful, not to their children as pocket money.

but at least with all that spare cash he can give me a lift to the pub and back smiley - cheers

No Subject

Post 33

hi this is cruel.
-
in the army i got £9 a week in 1966, but even before i saw any £1-50 was sent to mum,she asked they took, i didnt know till the first payday.after blanco, brasso, a few bottles of pop in the day breaks we had, i was skint.
-
the job i had on the sligh was converting old radiograms to mor modern looking for a mate who was a second hand dealer.
-
he got two thousand of the long case ,twin speaker units, about the same in autoplayer turntables, and same with the old ones,i took the radio system and speakers from old ones to covert the new units, then fully rewire.
-
he sold them at £100 each, i got £30 off each, i did two a week.
-
mother thought i was at a mates for a few hours at night lol.
-
i gave him £5 of each, for covering for me. dont ask what i made before i left home, it would have been over £700.in them days for ages i got the name"jim will fix it" tvs, radios, vhs and betamax videos. smiley - dragon jimbob

No Subject

Post 34

andyd-185

haha, your mate sounds like private joe walker from dad's army, the dodgy dealer. working for a dell boy must have been aright though, especially if he gave you £30 a week, and you got a reputation as a "jim'll fix it," which would be quite useful.

my parents have never taken any money off me for anything, i love my generous, maybe-just-a-little-more-protective-than-i-would-like, parents. smiley - smiley

No Subject

Post 35

hi it wasnt £30 a week, it was £30 off each unit sold for £100, hid brother sold them in his secondhand shop to, he gave id bro a tenner for each sold. so jimmy as he was called, got £60, lest £20 for each of the three parts needed, i didnt ok, till i was ready to leave home.
-
i had a mate, i showed him how to wire and convert the rest.as a novice jimmy was to pay him £20 off each.
-
,dragon> jimbob

No Subject

Post 36

sorry for glitches, k/board playing up again,its over ten yrs old, and cant be replaced. my spare needed a cleanout to.

No Subject

Post 37

andyd-185

oh i see, i did think £30 was a lot.

i was wondering about your typing as well, i just thought you where really bad at typing, i am having trouble deciphering what you're writing, one of my friends has a laptop with the "T" missing so its a bit difficult to tell what she's putting as well.

just be careful when doing anything to do with transferring money, one extra zero could really ruin you're day.

No Subject

Post 38

hi
-
dont i know it, about a year or so back, i had £200 go somehow.
-
as it was miles from here, and i could acount for where i was at the time it was taken, after three weeks the bank credited it back to me.
-
i use the digi at home, and the boards are both remote with about 60 keys on them, and over ten years old.
-
tell your mate a k/board is only about £5 to £10 for the basic ones, i had 4 till i gave up the pc years ago, gave them away with about 6 ball mouses.
-
smiley - dragon jimbob

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more