A Conversation for Mostly Harmless MC- The H2G2 Motorcycle Club

You're not as anonymous on a bike as you may think you are

Post 1

IctoanAWEWawi

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/17/v_sign_biker/

"A 45-year-old biker who thought it was a bright idea to give speed cameras the two-finger treatment while travelling at up to 105mph, on the grounds that his visor was obscuring his face and he had no registration plate on the front of his BMW, has been banned for a year"

Check out the comments for the how they did it.

also
http://www.leightonbuzzardonline.co.uk/news?articleid=2884995
showing he would have been up for 72 poiunts if he hadn't got the ban!

Not the first time though - I remember a bloke getting done for similar where they narrowed it down because he was wearing prospect colours and a custom lid and riding a slightly customised bike.

Post 2

YOGABIKER

Interesting.

We are getting speed cameras around here also.

I don't like the increased probability of getting a ticket, but I am not really in love with excess speed anyway.

I actually prefer the idea of a real speed limit over what we currently have. Currently the rate of enforcement results in no speed limit unless you are unlucky enough to get caught. You either feel stupid for being the only one doing the limit or you have to worry about getting a ticket for something that is happening all around you all of the time. The law should not be a matter of dumb luck.

smiley - 2cents

YB

Post 3

Bedwilldo

I think he deserved what he got!!

I liked that comment about getting an R1 smiley - rofl

Post 4

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

The man's a bus driver, of course he deserved what he got.

smiley - cheers

Post 5

Bedwilldo

smiley - laugh

There's no arguing with that!!

smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more