A Conversation for Mostly Harmless MC- The H2G2 Motorcycle Club

Time for a new bike?

Post 1

IctoanAWEWawi

I have the bike I always wanted, a Honda CB1000 BigOne.
Not the most powerful, not the most torqy - about 97BHPand 70something lbft - but its big and keeps up with most muscle bikes in the real world and it looks like a 'proper' bike - very posy smiley - winkeye It takes bandit 12's off the lights as well so keeps me happy smiley - smiley

BUT

Went the international bike show in birmingham (england) last weekend, mainly cos I had my 13yr old nephew staying that weekend. And there I saw, and sat on, the Yamaha MT01.
Oh yes.
1600cc V-Twin with 110 lbft of torque (although only 89ish bhp) and seriously brutal looking.

Oooh I'm tempted...

Time for a new bike?

Post 2

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Oooh, looks interesting. Although not really to my taste as it makes me think of a cross between a naked muscle bike, a dirt bike and a cruiser.

smiley - cheers

Time for a new bike?

Post 3

IctoanAWEWawi

yeah, that's about right.
I'm not a sports bike fan and although I've seen 120+ on the clocks I doubt I'd ever go much faster, not my way of riding.

I shall have to go try one out some point and see how much I can get for an 11 yr old cb1000 with 21000 miles on the clock!

Time for a new bike?

Post 4

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

I only really like cruisers...and kawasaki sports bikes, but as I can only ride cruisers and scooters the kawasakis won't ever be an option. I'd love a Honda Valkyrie Rune though smiley - drool

smiley - cheers

Time for a new bike?

Post 5

IctoanAWEWawi

h yes, very cool. Although in the cruiser market I'd have to be tempted by the Triumph rocket 3, although never tried one.
Main problem for me is being 6'3" which doesn;t exactly lend itself to pocket rockets!

Key: Complain about this post