This is the Message Centre for lilithcookie

Hello

Post 1

TIMELORD

Hello and welcome to h2g2 we are a friendly bunch and like to greet the newcomers so i thought i would stop by and say hello.
We have a group called A.C.E.s there assistant community editors who will drop by and leave a few of these http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/welcome
They are very helpful like that but until one drops by if there is anything that you would like just reply to this message or drop by my homepage by clicking on my name and ask me there.

Hey thx...

Post 2

lilithcookie

It's taking me a little while to figure out where everything is and stuff and it's not like it's obvious when people leave little notes or sweetnothings because they don't flash or whistle or anything... need to talk to the geeks about that huh?

But it's really cool you dropped by and left something for this lost soul so thx again...

Right now I'm sorta working stuff up in my journal and when I figure I might have something that won't bore people to tears... because we wanna keep this a fun and happy place right?... then I'll run it by all you editor types so you can tear it to shreds and send me back weeping to my drawingboard... and after the 87th iteration or whatever... finally get it published for real here.

Just sos you know ok?

And you are a very friendly bunch although I think maybe my cyberbud Magnolia thinks you're all from Alpha centauri or something although you probably don't know that because you probably call it something else.

Cya... smiley - winkeye

Hello Lil

Post 3

Delicia - The world's acutest kitten

just a note to say i made it here, being lured by the constant references to h2g2 in the other places. So, your fault again, i reckon smiley - smiley

Hello Lil

Post 4

lilithcookie

Hey cool... glad to see ya. Hope ya try doing an entry too. I'd be soooo interested to know how they deal with your stuff ya know?

Anyways try to have fun... I know I am... sorta... smiley - winkeye

Hello Lil

Post 5

Hello Lil, maybe i will, but not if it amounts to actual work. I have mine cut out for me already. What i put here is stuff i did 4 years ago, and don't think i'm going to use it much, not without heavy editing anyway, except for one line or two. so you'll get your entry in first.

Hello Lil

Post 6

lilithcookie

I wouldn't bet the farm on that one DC. Bet your old stuff will fly higher than any of my new stuff. smiley - winkeye

Hello Lil

Post 7

Oh yeah? Are you accusing me of being mainstream or something?
Oh well, maybe i was four years ago, or at least paddling along a busy, if somewhat weird sidearm of it.

Hello Lil

Post 8

lilithcookie

We'll see... oh and btw say hello to ShaneMiranda for me if ya getta chance. He's already got 2 friendly ACE visits to my one. Ain't that a laugh and a half huh? Like do I see what I mean or what?

Probably justa coincidence right? I probably joined on a busy day when all the ACEs were ACEdout helping all those poor helpless dudes that remind people of cowboys. smiley - winkeye

Hello Lil

Post 9

TIMELORD

You also got me or am i not as friendly as an A.C.E.?

Hello Lil

Post 10

lilithcookie

Sheesh... I thought you were an ACE... so see?

I didn't even get an ACE... not that you're not friendly enough ok? But now does anybody understand why I might feel justa little bit discriminated against? I mean it's gotta be the Lilith part right?

'Don't talk to her... she's a demon and a sexfiend! Don't make eye contact... just look at the ground... '

And then what?

Well... ok... I'm an outsider alright? I confess... I'm just plain weird for some people. So in community of strangers why are people uncomfortable with strangers or strange stuff especially when they're saying it's supposed to be for everybody? Guess I can't be bad and popular at the same time right?

Hello Lil

Post 11

TIMELORD

I have been asked a few times to become an A.C.E. but not being very good with computers i tend to think if someone asks me something i would not know were to start.
The A.C.E.'s do try and catch every new member but as the only way they can do this is from the Who's on line link in your first week some do slip though the A.C.E.s do a very good job it is posible that one droped by and thought that i was an A.C.E. so left i will have a word and see if i can get one to drop by.

Hello Lil

Post 12

lilithcookie

Hey don't sweat ok? I'm just having fun with ya right? It's sorta too late for an ACE anyways... one of those things I guess.

So don't worry about me... I'll just sit hear... all alone in the dark... but you have fun without me ok? smiley - winkeye

Hello Lil

Post 13

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

*waves* Hi everyone..smiley - smiley..
hi Lilitcookie..aka Lyle..smiley - smiley..sorry..you've been over-looked by us ACEs'..welcome to h2g2..i'm Emmily..one of the many ACEs'..(Assistant Community Editors)..we're here to offer you a warm welcome..advice & links to help you find your way around..
You've already been finding your way around..smiley - biggrin..i have to admit..you are the first newbie i have ACEd using ClassicGoo..
you can click on any of the numbered links below..
have a smiley - tea..smiley - coffee..or..a..smiley - stiffdrink..put your feet up..relax..&..let your fingers do the walking..
you might like to hitch a ride on our tour..@ A317459
loads more smileys to choose from..@ A155909
the slang used here can be a bit confusung..h2jargon explains all..@ A632431
you can customise your space..using what is available through h2g2..i've not finished this..it gives an idea of what's available..@ A768594
2..ACEs'..have created hints & links for new researchers..Feisors'..@ A719840 ..&..Rocket Mans'..@ A725500
like most communities we have Clubs & Societies..find out about these..@ A660340
hope you find these helpful..&..you enjoy yourself here..smiley - biggrin..to reply to this post..click 'reply' below..

Hi TIMELORD..IMO..you'd make a great ACE..although i am on via pc now..at the time i was 'made' an ACE i was accessing via digibox..a knowledge of computers is not essentual to be an ACE..technical questions are passed on to Gurus..i recently had a query i couldn't answer..i posted a message on the ACEs' Home Page..within minutes..other ACEs'..Gurus & Scouts had answered the newbies question..smiley - biggrin

Emmily
smiley - rose

Hello Lil

Post 14

lilithcookie

Thanks Emmily... nice of you to drop by... before I dropped dead.

And thanks to Timelord too who ought be a made man already ya know? If you're doing the job they ought to give you the title and the percs right? That's the very least they could do. smiley - winkeye

Hello Lil

Post 15

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Your welcome..better late than never..smiley - biggrin..what do you think of h2g2?..
TIMELORD is very friendly..&..if i remember correctly..one of the first researchers i talked to on here..after my ACE..smiley - laugh..
The way ACEs find newbies is new researchers page..if there's 1* next to their name..they have activated their space..but..no-one has posted a message..so we know they've not been ACEd..if there are 2* then someone either an ACE..Guardian Angel..or..a friendly researcher has posted a message..we are *supposed* to check the 2* that's how you were over-looked..smiley - smiley..well..it's after 1am..i'm off to bed..smiley - sleepy..

Emmily
smiley - rose

Hello Lil

Post 16

TIMELORD

Yes but i still have trouble with smiley - smiley and it took me almost a year to learn copy and paste.
I do have other reasons like i think its nice to be greeted by just a researcher as well as an A.C.E.and of course the old TIMELORD rules of none intervention apply.

Hello Lil

Post 17

I had my first ACE visit today Lil, there. Keep calm, demoness. But then maybe that's exactly what demons don't do.smiley - winkeyesmiley - cat

Hello Lil

Post 18

*waves* Hi everyone..smiley - smiley..

Sorry Delicia..didn't realize you'd been over-looked too..or..i would've ACEd you as well..smiley - smiley..a be-lated welcome to h2g2..hope you enjoy yourself here..smiley - biggrin..someone..(mentioning no names..smiley - laugh)..posted me the link in classic goo..not being used to that..i got a bit confused..it was..smiley - weird..your lucky your not an ace Timelord..you would've been 'shot at dawn' for posting a link with classic goo..smiley - laugh..

Emmily
smiley - rose

POOR ME

Post 19

Hello Emmily, well actually, i signed on and then went away whistling, and signed in again only a week or so later, and didn't show up as newby anymore of course, although i was, a real babe in arms, but how was anybody to know? And i had no clue of nuthn until a friendly chap named Friar came along and told me a few things, which was very good of him. So it was nobody's fault, except then somebody had the suspicion that it was mainly female names, who got overlooked, just like in real life maybe. Now, i'm quite ready to go paranoiac about that issue at the drop of a lipstick, except this time i just couldn't put a misogynic interpretation on the thing.
However, i would sort of like to know the ratio of edited guide entries submitted under male and female names and the ratio of their acceptance. Just curiosity. Only might be difficult in the case of the Shades of Blue and such...smiley - biggrin

POOR ME

Post 20

I can assure you & Lilithcookie..h2g2 is not sexist....there way well be some researchers that are sexist....but the site itself..is not..Guide Entries are selected by the quality of the entry..not by the author..(i have written 2 Guide Entries..they are both currently being 'polished up' by SubEditors for the Guide)..&..not everyone reveals their sex anyway.. have a read of this..http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F19585?thread=195097 & you might like to look at this page too.. U197522 for a.... Lilithcookie..do you really feel you have a 'raw deal' by being a female?.. Emmily

Key: Complain about this post