This is the Message Centre for Serephina

Furious...

Post 1

Serephina

Josh has stolen money from me.....again!smiley - grrthats a total of £8 this week!

His excuse for taking £2 to spend on crap down the road whilst i was having a nap after Ged left this afternoon?
"I was hungry"

smiley - grrsmiley - grrsmiley - grr
Ged took us out for brunch this morning..josh had sausage and chips..hed already had a huge bowl of cereal.. and on the way home pigged 2 choclate bars and a pack of crisps!
yet hes so "hungry" and im so evil n unfeeding that he reckons he has to steal money from me!..for the 4th time this week! (the first time i said he could take £2 lunch money as he wa going to the library with his friend (and mum)for couple of hours..he took £3 the others were simillar to today )

smiley - steam

But what to f*****g do with him?

Furious...

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Oh dear, I have no idea smiley - cuddle

Furious...

Post 3

Mu Beta

Tell him you know about it and make him work it off. £8 is equal to two and a half hours work on minimum wage. That will be:

- Washing up for 2 days
- Hoover the whole house
- Clean his bedroom, including dusting.

B

Furious...

Post 4

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Ground him for a week, and no treats for two weeks.

Keep your purse with you at all times.

Furious...

Post 5

Serephina

He knows I know about it..Telling him I was ashamed of him worked..for a whole day and a half! smiley - cross hes gettong far too much attitude on him (told me to f**k off last night!)

Hes been told now hes grounded for a month and the pocket money my mum gives him at the weekend is mine till hes paid me back!

I'm not sure id trust him with cleaning..

Furious...

Post 6

Serephina

simulpost smiley - smiley

he gets far too many treats anyway!

Furious...

Post 7

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

do what my dad done with me, took my best toy and smashed it up in front of me and told me why he was doing it, and as for attitude just give him a clip around the ear with a large mackerel, the surrealness of the act, makes him think

If all else fails kick him out on the street!

smiley - erm

Furious...

Post 8

Serephina

hes 8 years old so kicking himouts not an option for at least another 8 years ..smiley - winkeye

Furious...

Post 9

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

breaking toys he bought with him money. smart dad!

I was send eat alone in my room. there is picture of me fallen sleep. smiley - blush

Furious...

Post 10

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

8 eh! sorry thought he was older! i think he needs a guiding boot ATM!

Just use the Girly stear on him and mean it, you know the one! all girls have it its learnt at around 13 or 14

smiley - biggrin

Furious...

Post 11

coelacanth

Of course, until the age of 10 the law says that you cannot be held responsible for a crime.

So, even if you *know* he knows what he's doing, legally he is considered to be too young to know the difference between right and wrong. There's a fuzzier legal stage between 10 and 14 and only after that does the law consider you are fully responsible for your actions in the same way as an adult.

Lead by example and show him positive behaviour. When you go shopping together explain why you have to queue and pay. Ask him what would happen if you just put something in your bag because you wanted it. Show him how to earn money with chores and save it for a treat.

Some of it may just be attention seeking. He's found that he can steal money and you'll reward him with your time, even if you are telling him off. If he's good, you go to sleep. So, reward good behaviour with your attention. Every day he doesn't take money, promise him an hour that same evening playing a board game or Scrabble or whatever he likes. Just you and him, no distractions. If he takes money from you, he's lost that time and has to spend it without you. Or he can save it up and have a whole day somewhere, even something that isn't going to cost much, like a picnic and a kick about in the park.
smiley - bluefish

Furious...

Post 12

Serephina

I guess he could just be showing the jealousy hes been having a bit of lately in a different way.I have sat down with him and asked if theres anything upsetting him he'd like to talk about..apparently not. We've always been fairly close and talked abut stuff. I do spend time with him, but lately more often that not he'd rather be out with his friends or playing his ps2.

Furious...

Post 13

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - applause

Furious...

Post 14

don't reason with the little person, guide him through this with a firm hand, blokes need this, it won't help him if your soft on this, nip it in the budd! Now!

Spare the rod and ruin the kid, i think that was an old saying my grand mother used to say and she also used the rod too!

smiley - erm

Furious...

Post 15

coelacanth

So you are recommending beating up an 8 year old? One too young to know exactly what he's doing?
smiley - bluefish

Furious...

Post 16

Serephina

I can't say I agree with that. When he was a toddler, and i couldnt sit him down n discuss the problem (after wed calmed down) I would give him a slap on the nappy or the thigh if necessary..but the older he is the less necessary that is! I very rarely smack (in fact i smacked his bum last night n hes so unused to it he called me 'an abuser'!),apart from if hes really pushed it (usually by swearing at me or something!)even then i dont 'hit' him. the only way ive been soft is im too easily moaned out of a 'grounding', and we could have more of a routine..(i tend to be all bark n no bite) but thats changing!

Furious...

Post 17

Serephina

ill never resort to beating though!

Furious...

Post 18

well yes in a way! sometimes its not just a stick that can do the job!

Imagin if the nipper starts nicking stuff from shops and other people (friends and family) and the like, and then nothing is done about it, the nipper is going top be placed on the outside of his social group and the like! his mum can't do anything about it, just who is the law going to come down on? as hes not responcible and all the time he know he can't be touched.......... His mum, ring a bell...... seems like our kiddies have learned this lession better than us....

i'll leave it there as i'm lible to go OTT for here, but i'll say this as a man, i feel that i'm not allowed to be a man, by woman, my role in socicity has been quietly eroded by woman! And men childeren need a man around to teach stuff that woman can't teach to a bloke! Sorry if this is a OTT but i feel about this and if you fancy a dissicution about this topic, I'll start a thread on my space smiley - smiley i think it might be a good thread

I have a Daughter and a missus so before anyone starts.......... i have views on things which you may not aggree with, or aggree with as the case may be, so I would be interested if anyone else would like to start a thread!

RJR

smiley - smiley

Furious...

Post 19

coelacanth

smiley - bluefish

Furious...

Post 20

Mu Beta

Having met said 8-year-old, I am fairly confident that he knows what he's doing.

B

Key: Complain about this post