This is the Message Centre for Serephina

My first funeral!

Post 1

Serephina

My Nanny-Lil left us in the small hours of thursday morning. She'd been very poorly with a gall bladder infection and a gall stone blocking her bowel so it really was the nicest way for her to go..in her sleep high on morphine..rather than going through the upcoming surgery as frail and ill as she was. I didn't get to see her in the hospital. My brother and I were going to go in today but I guess she didn't want us to see her like that.

She came to see me this morning! I was in the drs waiting room when i could see her at her kitchen sink singing a song she always sang to herself when we were kids. I knew straight away I was to call my mum and dad and tell them its what she wants played at her funeral.

The funeral will be next friday and my first one so I'm doubly nervous
about it...not to mention having to see my cousin for the first time since she told some potentially life ruining lies about me...that i abused her little girl whilst babysitting...15 years ago!

Anyway, be good Nanny, we'll miss you a lot xxxx

My first funeral!

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

smiley - cuddle

smiley - rosesmiley - peacedove

My first funeral!

Post 3

Milla, h2g2 Operations

smiley - cuddle

smiley - magic that she visited! smiley - hug

smiley - towel

My first funeral!

Post 4

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Sorry to hear that smiley - rose But I bet your visit helped a lot smiley - smiley

I hate funerals. My advice is to try and remember the good things, but if you need a guid greet go for it - but remember your waterproof mascara!smiley - hug

My first funeral!

Post 5

aka Bel - A87832164

RIP smiley - rose

smiley - cuddle

My first funeral!

Post 6

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

smiley - cuddle

smiley - rose

My first funeral!

Post 7

Skankyrich [?]

smiley - cuddle

smiley - rose

My first funeral!

Post 8

Serephina

thanks everyonesmiley - cuddle

I'm sure I'll be greeting before its all done with fords

I'll prolly get a few more vists knowing myluck..my mums mum is here with us alot already even though I barely knew her...she likes to poke people in the bum if they sit in what shes decided is her armchairsmiley - laugh Ihope they don't start jostling for position!

My first funeral!

Post 9

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

smiley - rosesmiley - cuddle

Funerals are not so bad if they're done as a celebration of a life rather than mourning a death.

My first funeral!

Post 10

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

smiley - rosesmiley - cuddle from me too!

My first funeral!

Post 11

Serephina

Now I'm rather crosssmiley - cross

my parents had booked the crematorium etc,my brother had booked a hall for the after do ,caterers hired etc mum had spent all day on the phone letting people know when and where things were happening.
Tonight my great aunt calls back to say that the time (9.45 was all that was available)isn't convenient for her orher sister in Clacton to be here for and is expecting them to re arrange it all!

smiley - cross

does that sound remotely reasonable??

My first funeral!

Post 12

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

Isn't convenient? It's a bleedin' funeral!

I'm angry too.

smiley - rosesmiley - cuddle.

My first funeral!

Post 13

Serephina

Exactly! being 90 doesn't mean they cant come up the night before!

My first funeral!

Post 14

Brown Eyed Girl

smiley - rosesmiley - cuddle

My first funeral!

Post 15

Serephina

oh bob...i found out today that not only is the cousin going to be there with her parents..who believed her..but the girl i'm supposed to have done these awful things to is going to! I really don't know if I can cope smiley - cryI mean has she grown up believing I did these things to herbecause of her mothers lies????i couldn't bear that...
its bad enough knowing 'anyone' believes i'm capable of such things..

smiley - wah

My first funeral!

Post 16

aka Bel - A87832164

I'm smiley - sorry Sereph, don't know what to say, really. smiley - hug

My first funeral!

Post 17

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Sod them. Go to the funeral. I'm sure they wouldn't dare bring any of that stuff up at a funeral and why should you stay away because of the? smiley - hug

My first funeral!

Post 18

Serephina

you don't know my family Tracey smiley - sadface

smiley - cuddlecheers B'el

My first funeral!

Post 19

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Stay with your Mum and brother..

smiley - cuddle

My first funeral!

Post 20

zendevil

I am expert on this crap. Go to the funeral; act however YOU want; if that includes being totally furious at life, Universe & Stoopid People, just bloody go for it.

The one great advantage of being thought of as a "stroppy mad sod" is it actually gives you "carte blanche" (Mods: Tr = "white card"smiley - grr and "sod" = a lump of grass, usually found in Celtic regions)

to actually do whatever you like, since "they" will say you are nuts whatever you do. All you can do love, is go through the thing, accept you will be emotional (er; it's a funeral; even if you celebrate her life, it's still emotional) & just try to maintain Personal Dignity.

If anybody "literally" tries to "give you grief".....hold your head high & say, very very politely, but loud enough for others to hear " Excuse me, at this present time we are all here to celebrate X's life; i think this conversation is inappropriate at such a time. Do feel free to write me a letter stating your opinion & i shall reply."

smiley - evilgrin Google legal difference between slander & libelsmiley - winkeye

smiley - goodluck

zdt

Key: Complain about this post