This is the Message Centre for Serephina

Man Flu

Post 1

Serephina

Sucks worse than last weeks old knickers smiley - ill

spent last sunday and monday nights in hospital after a badish asthma attack as my oxygen levels were quite down and came home with what i thought was the start of a cough/cold virus..by wednesday night it was flu blown 'man flu' ..meergh

Ged is being very good at playing smiley - nursethough.now if only i could get him into some scrubs smiley - droolsmiley - winkeye

I was supposed to be going to our pubs landlords daughters birthday party tonight but i feel too ill..you know its bad if its keeping me out of the pub for the second time in a week smiley - laugh

smiley - ill
smiley - ill

Man Flu

Post 2

Steve51

I am so smiley - sorry to hear of your recent illness, Serephina....smiley - hugsmiley - smoochsmiley - smoochsmiley - hugsmiley - smooch..smiley - blush..I too have been ill for two weeks, and it was not what I would call a bed of fun...smiley - sadface Luckily for me, I had my daughters and grandkids acting as smiley - nurses and smiley - doctors...smiley - smiley

Man Flu

Post 3

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

See.................................

now the remide......

take one liter bottle of sprit and drink slowly

sorry to hear that man flu is in your systemsmiley - blush

RJRsmiley - smiley

Man Flu

Post 4

Steve51

Hiya Rev Jack Russell..If Serephina has the man flu, does that mean that I have the woman flu???? smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheers

Steve

Man Flu

Post 5

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Sorry to hear of your recent ills, Sereph. Hope you feel better soon, sounds like Ged is doing a great job, though.smiley - smileysmiley - hug (for Ged) I hope Josh is behaving himself smiley - monster

Here, have a smiley - towel and a smiley - stiffdrink a smiley - cuddle and a smiley - hug

Man Flu

Post 6

Steve51

smiley - sorry to say this Magwitch, but I am not now, never have been, and never will be, a member of your brotherhood. I must politely reject your offer of comfort and support and unsub forthwith

Steve

Man Flu

Post 7

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - huh

Hope you'll sleep it off, Sereph. smiley - cuddlesmiley - tea

Man Flu

Post 8

Serephina

cheers you lot

unfortunately im back in hospital as was getting very wheezy again and the drs are concerned my man flu may in fact be pneumonia smiley - yikesill know more when the dr whos had me admitted comess to see me
in a bit

Man Flu

Post 9

zendevil

I'll send you the last one i had during my 4 days in a room & night in Intensive care, many were the huddles as to "it's only bronchopneumonia/man; it's Portugese flu/nah; it's pleurisy/nah it's Status asthmaticus: look; she's gone blue again; let's all try firing rapid questions at her in French.

Oh, the machines are bleeping & there ar straight lines & weird dips , ah, just shove a gas mak on here, if she croaks, she's not one of ours, phone the British Embasssy. My arms & hands are now black by the way; 9 attempts to get an IV line in (they gave up in the end)

zdt

Man Flu

Post 10

Serephina

ouch! no thanks terri you can keep the froggie docs i think smiley - winkeye

are you ok now?

I'm back at home again..yay hope it lasts this time

Man Flu

Post 11

Genie

It'll only be the last time if you pack in the fags woman!! smiley - tongueout

Nice to have you home again though.. smiley - smiley

Man Flu

Post 12

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - bigeyes yeh... give up the cigarettes woman! smiley - doctorsmiley - evilgrinsmiley - scientist

Man Flu

Post 13

zendevil

They've given me some sort of detox type drug to get me off the fags, they said they don't really see the point of patches 'cos i will still be addicted to nicotine. So i've gone down from 30 long normal strength Bensons to puffing half a Platinum small one ONLY outside & writing it down, yesterday's total was 3, so far today i've had 1 & half & to be honest didn't enjoy it (but the nicotine craving is definitely stilll here, just a lot less)

Because i am also supposed to be quitting booze at the same timesmiley - yikes i have decided to inflict a regime of total dictatorship on visitors to MY House. No booze & smoke outside or sod off. If i am gonna suffer, i make damn sure the rest of the world does toosmiley - evilgrin

At the same time Le V has finally moved to his nice house 90 miles away, so i can at least avoid adding murder & dismembership of a frog to my sins.

Because i am some sort of sado-masochist, i figured: right: let's assume giving up booze makes you look less like a hamster, since you are living in misery anyway, let's also avoid substituting cigs & smiley - redwine with smiley - chocsmiley - crisps & fizzy sugary stuff. So i've made incredibly garlicky hummus & cucumber & carrot sticks, which i poke into constantly.

And just to cheer you up: amazingly even after a few days i *do* look better, there are cheekbones under there, i thought they had dissolved.Doc reckons drinking 2 litres of water a day helps flush the nasties out, certainly the beer gut is down a bit, but you spend ages on the loo!

I went out & bought a blonde hair colour today, reckon i need another tomorrow, it's still not stripped all the red out, but i think i'm gonna go for a bizarre mix of gold, red, black, grey & ash blonde. What the hell; if it doesn't work i shall do a Britney & shave it all off.

So: go for it kid!!smiley - goodluck If only for the money aspect; i reckon i can save about a 3rd of my income & i plan to spend it ALL ON ME!smiley - nahnah

smiley - musicalnote "They tried to make us go to rehab, we said Blah, Blah, Blah"smiley - musicalnote

zdt

Man Flu

Post 14

Serephina

I'm gonna go bug my stop smoking clinic for some of that new chsmpix stuff to try , shame they can't bottle will powere really.. or just make crisps and fags healthy

Key: Complain about this post