A Conversation for Birth sign poll - Astro-logica - H2G2 Astrology Guild.

From a Cancerian (the sceptical sign)

Post 1

Tigger, Bouncy and stupid

It seems to me that if astrology is not utter bs, there should be some noticeable correlation between a subjects sun sign and the likelihood of them believing in astrology.

It would seem logical to me to assume that if you asked a large enough sample of people what there sign was and whether they believe in astrology, there should be some predictable relationship between the two facts.
Ie if belief in astrology is evenly spread amongst the signs, this should surely count against the truth of astrology. If on the other hand one could demonstrate a relationship between a person's sun sign and the likelihood of belief, it would support the credibility of astrology.

Does anybody know if this research has ever been attempted?

A coincidentally (I think) Sceptical Cancerian

Post 2

alji's

do you want to be add to the list of Cancerians Tigger? The vast majority of those who have posted do believe in Astrology. You need to view the page in classic goo to see the results; click on the link http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/A712595?skin=classic and scroll down the page.

Alji smiley - magic the Magus (don't forget to record your sun sign @ A712595 ) Pastor of the Church of Spiritual Humanism.

Post 3

alji's

I must be in need of sleep; my eyes are going. I could have sworn I wrote added!

Alji

Post 4

astrolog

The poll is now being updated at A1289991

Alji

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more