A Conversation for Talking Point: A Rubbish Idea

My recycling bin has been recycled

Post 1

Luthien_Starlight

So there I was banging on about how my council recycling boxes weren't made of recycled plastic and look what happened to mine.
The recycling boxes have been designed to sit inside the wheelie bin on the rim of the bin but still allow the lid to close. It is a very clever, well thought out design. The idea being that you put the box that has the paper for recycling inside the bin when you put it out on rainy days so it doesn't turn to mush. That's what the nice leaflet told me to do and that's what I've been doing for the last 2 years or more.
....you're way ahead of me aren't you.
It was raining last night when I put the bin out and as the bin men come at about 7am (bless) when I'm just turning the kids out I have to do it the night before or I forget.
So I went out to fetch the bin and boxes back in.
There's the green wheelie bin.
There's the (empty) green bottle box.
All up and down the street are empty black boxes and yes I checked none of them had our house number on.
So I have to assume that my black box with the papers in is now riding round in the back of the rubbish truck somewhere. They just put the wheelie bin in the lift and emptied.
So I guess my box is recycled plastic afterall.
L.

Post 2

DaveBlackeye

smiley - rofl Brilliant smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more