This is the Message Centre for Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

GuideML

Post 1

Kul_Tegin

I've just joined h2g2 and still groping my way around. As yet I can only write plain text, but I'd like to construct something like your entry. Where I live the internet is slow and expensive so I was wondering if its possible to develop and test guideML offline. Since guideML seems to be a proper subset of HTML it can't be tested properly under a normal browser?

GuideML

Post 2

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Hi Kul Tegin, Welcome to h2g2 smiley - smiley

Afraid it's not possible to test GuideML offline, as Jonathan (ACE) has suggested you can type it in a Word document, then copy and paste, though not all 'symbals' translate to GuideML ie the '&' doesn't.

A couple of suggestions that may help you - if you see a picture on someone's space or in an article (Guide Entry) that you'd like to use, you can find the codes by deleting the U on the Researcher number in address bar, and replace it with - testuserpage -

For an article, you can delete the 'A' and replace with - test -

Or, if you have an idea of the type of picture(s) you would like to use. let me know and I'll search our Picture Library A692741 and offer you a selection of pictures (via a Guide Entry) along with the codes, that would save you the time of looking.

I'm not sure how much help you need with the actual GuideML, but this is a helpful page - Spicing Up Your Page A690518

Hope that's of some help, let me know if you'd like me to look up some pictures for you, or any other help you'd like. smiley - ok

Emmily
smiley - rose

GuideML

Post 3

Kul_Tegin

Hi Emmily smiley - smiley

Thanks for your help, soon I'll start constructing my own user page. First I have to decide on its form and content. Don't know yet what pictures I'll need but I'll browse the list.

Kul_Tegin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more