This is the Message Centre for ianisinfrance

December 29th Lunch

Post 1

ianisinfrance

Well here we are. This conversation is to talk about the nuts and bolts of the food board meet. Any contributions gratefully received. smiley - chocsmiley - cake
ATB
Ian

December 29th Lunch

Post 2

ianisinfrance

I've now managed to put up a bit of a web page to allow you to see what we've negotiated. Not perfect, but not bad IMO!

Here's a link http://ianhoare.free.fr/test/

When you're prepared to commit yourself by sending a deposit of £10, contact me and I'll let you know how to arrange this.

ATB
Ian

December 29th Lunch

Post 3

Aero280

Hi Ian,

We're still in for this. Menu looks OK for us.

Cheers

Will & Chris.

December 29th Lunch

Post 4

sueturnersmith

Hi Ian,

I was beginning to think this was not going to happen.

Thanks for all the hard work, and count Frank and me in.

Best wishes,

Sue

December 29th Lunch

Post 5

HappyRaggyBear

No idea how to do this, so apologies if I post it all wrong!

Anyway, many thanks for arranging this Ian, it looks brilliant. Please count me in!

Thanks,

HRB (AKA Heather)

December 29th Lunch

Post 6

earthmaiden

I would still like to come now that you have come to such a fine arrangement.

Have they stipulated a maximum number of people? I believe it was 25 -30 originally.

Thank you to all involved in getting us this far!

Alison

December 29th Lunch

Post 7

Catherine

Good work Ian. Your perseverance has paid off. Sadly though the set fee counts me out. Hope one and all enjoy and I look very much forward to the next meet.

If I don't speak to you before you come over, I wish you and Jacquie as safe journey over here. I trust you will be staying with your brother again? You are more than welcome to join us for dinner again. I may even throw in the chocolate pud smiley - choc

ATB
Catherine

December 29th Lunch

Post 8

ianisinfrance

Hi HappyRaggyBear
you said
------------
No idea how to do this, so apologies if I post it all wrong!

Anyway, many thanks for arranging this Ian, it looks brilliant. Please count me in!
------------
You did it fine Heather! Delighted that you, Will and Chris, Earthmaiden, Sue & Frank, and all the others who I've not acknowledged personally yet are coming. Now all you have to do is to contact me by email (you can find my address on the website I gave) to find out how to get a deposit to me.

So far we're up to 12 definites - committed to sending deposits.

Cat, smiley - hug very sorry that you won't be coming, though I feared you wouldn't. I hope not too many drop out, though of course we will understand that £38 before booze isn't peanuts - just after Christmas and all.

ATB
Ian

December 29th Lunch

Post 9

KeenCook2

Hi Ian, have just sent you an email. Gist is that I am reasonably confident Richard and I are still on, so looking forward to seeing you and the others then.
Thanks again for sorting it out,
Best wishes,
Béa aka KeenCook2 aka Beatrice smiley - smiley

December 29th Lunch

Post 10

Annie ™

Sorry it took so long to get going again but been unwell (and I was doing so well).

I'll contact you regarding the deposit smiley - smiley

December 29th Lunch

Post 11

ianisinfrance

Hi Annie

Thanks very much. Sorry to hear you've not been well. Hope all is 100% by Christmas.

Just to give advance notice to everyone. I will be out of contact from the 12th Nov and only in sporadic touch from the evening of the 8th. I shall be sending the deposit tomorrow to the HHH. I don't think they need to know the final numbers until just before Christmas, although I will want deposits to be in to me by the time I get back on 12th December. There's no reason not to encourage other board members to take part, on a first come first served basis up to 30 in total.

ATB
Ian

December 29th Lunch

Post 12

patsyfagin

Hi Ian

can you count me in please, really looking forward to it ....... How do I get the deposit to you?

Pat (PatsyFagin)smiley - ok

December 29th Lunch

Post 13

ianisinfrance

Hi Pat,
You asked:-
=======
can you count me in please. How do I get the deposit to you?
=======
Excellent news!!! smiley - biggrin Did you see on the website that I put a link to my email address? I don't think I should put it here, sorry about these silly rules! If you have any trouble finding it, holler.

ATB
Ian

December 29th Lunch

Post 14

schmoofaloof

Hi Everyone,

With regards to the menu, I notice it said 'a selection of' the three side dishes. So are these extra on top of the £38, or does it come with it? Just trying to work out budget etc.
x

December 29th Lunch

Post 15

ianisinfrance

Hi there schmoof. I didn't ask that specifically, but my reading was quite definitely that the £38 was an all in price, for food. I suppose that we should count on a tip, but it will include starter, main, side, pud and cawfee. Booze extra.

All the best
Ian

December 29th Lunch

Post 16

KaveyF

God, I really hope it's an all-in price for the food!

Regarding drinks, we're going to have to keep a pretty tight rein on our spending so I'm putting in a request NOT to simply split the drinks bill. I know people don't like ending a festive meal with working out details of a bill and normally I'd agree but I also know from experience that the drinks bill will vary hugely between individuals...

Hope this won't cause a problem.

December 29th Lunch

Post 17

ianisinfrance

Attn Patsyfagin.

Is all well? I've still not had an email from you.

ATB
Ian

December 29th Lunch

Post 18

KeenCook2

Hi Ian - just confirming Richard and I will be there!

Looking forward to seeing everyone,

Béa smiley - smiley

December 29th Lunch

Post 19

ianisinfrance

Brilliant, Béa, smiley - bubblysmiley - cake thanks very much for confirming. Got your email btw.

ATB
Ian

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for ianisinfrance

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more